Job Description: Designer I
As a Designer I, you are passionate about urban design and walkable, sustainable communities and the architecture that makes them work. As a highly-motivated design enthusiast, you are energized by complex problem-solving. Working with a cohesive team of designers, you are responsible for internal production on all aspects of architecture projects, from initial design through the final deliverables, as well as creating exemplary designs, strategies and solutions for buildings and walkable places to support strong communities.
- Generate compelling visualizations and presentation drawings that clearly illustrate design concepts in the Opticos style, via hand drawing and computer rendering.
- Assist in developing building design sets, and other architecture and planning designs and documents using Opticos’ standards and templates, and participate in the continuing development of these templates and standards.
- Support Project Managers and other team members with architecture projects.
- Assist with research and development projects.
- Provide outstanding service and responsiveness to clients and vendors.
- Maintain accurate timesheets with daily record of time spent by project.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- Professional-level degree in Architecture and 1-2 years’ related experience.
- Strong design skills in both architecture and visualization.
- Commitment to work toward accreditation by a professional organization in planning or architecture.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator; SketchUp; VectorWorks; Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Solid problem solving, design, and time management skills. Able to interpret and apply complex policies and procedures in a timely fashion.
- Experience in document writing and editing.
- Solid interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills; articulate and professional, yet service-oriented and approachable.
- Self-motivated with stellar work ethic and a demonstrated penchant for ownership and getting the job done.
- Great attitude, natural leadership qualities, and sense of humor.
Opticos Design, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Process to Apply
Please send your resume, portfolio and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and include a cover letter telling us what excites you about this opportunity and how you can help us make an impact.