Director, Higher Education
For over 35 years, PBK Architects has been a leader in architectural and engineering design solutions across the United States. We are constantly seeking the brightest and most talented minds to be part of our award winning firm. Here at PBK, we pride ourselves in providing the best in class programmers, planners, architects, engineers, and consultants to offer top notch customer service. We strive to make a positive impact for future generations with our actions today. Here’s your chance, are you ready to make a difference?
PBK is in search of a licensed Architect to fill the role of Director, Higher Education. This challenging position will require a personable candidate with extensive experience filling a managerial and business development role. The candidate must have the ability to find and nurture new business opportunities, as well as oversee all aspects of Higher Education projects to ensure timely completion, including coordination with consultants, contractors, owner's reps and internal project teams. The candidate should have extremely strong interpersonal skills that enable the individual to effectively represent PBK with clients and at conferences and workshops. Aggressive, client oriented personalities with a knack for creative problem solving will succeed in this position.
This position will be an integral part of a growing office. This is an excellent opportunity for one who considers him or herself an entrepreneurial overachiever. Great compensation package available.
- Identification and development of new business opportunities and strategies for the Higher Education studio.
- Research potential clients, market areas and developing opportunities within the higher education sector.
- Networking with existing and potential clients and teaming partners.
- Participate in the development of new business presentations, providing strategic client information gathered during research and market analysis.
- Collaborate with marketing team members in the writing, design, and implementation of marketing materials.
- Participation at industry events, conferences and trade shows as appropriate. This requires preparation before, professional representation during and thorough follow up subsequent to events.
- Assist in preparation of drawings for schematic design, design development, and contract documents.
- Function as the primary contact for all communication between the client and PBK, ensuring timely resolution of client concerns and management of business issues including contracts and additional services.
- Assist with or have direct responsibility for design, translating client requirements to design criteria from conceptual design through installation.
- Manage the project team, keeping everyone on task and on time.
- Participate in marketing efforts and may lead presentations to prospective clients.
- Coordinate contractors, consultants, and vendor assignments.
- Direct, organize, and mentor junior staff with responsibility for oversight.
- Be responsible for the complete integration of design and technical aspects of the project and for the clear and timely communication of information to the project team and compliance with the project team’s goals.
- A minimum of 10 years of professional experience, no less than 5 years serving in a Project Manager role.
- Experience managing Higher Education Projects is a must.
- Licensed Architect.
- LEED AP and AIA preferred.
- Client service oriented approach to doing business.
- Strong organizational skills that lend to the ability to work well under pressure, juggle and prioritize multiple projects and adjust work accordingly, often against tight deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to make effective presentations.
- Ability to interact with senior management, external client organizations and vendors.
PBK has built a client base of more than 200 clients, a list that includes school districts, university systems, hospital systems and Fortune 500 corporations. PBK offers employees competitive wages, health care and 401K matching along with numerous opportunities to become involved in extra-curricular activities and organizations established through the firm. PBK has established a culture that has led to the firm being named to the list of “Best Places to Work.”
Link to Apply: https://pbk.clearcompany.com/careers/jobs/4f498a8c-7527-f51b-d479-6c3b79f6edb5/apply?source=766726-CS-30462