Interior Designer / Architect
Join our dynamic, diverse and award winning 45+ person Architecture firm, conveniently located in downtown Oakland. Immediate opening for an accomplished intermediate level Project Designer with an interest in interior design, strong graphic ability as well as production skills.
This is a full-time position that will offer professional growth potential. The ideal candidate will be a licensed or licensure tracked person, with an Architecture or Interior Architecture degree and at least 3-5 years of well-rounded experience. HKIT Architects is looking for a candidate with excellent communication skills, a willingness to work under a Project Architect or independently, enthusiasm for the practice and a strong work ethic. We value creativity, independence, attention to detail and a high level of client service. We also value teamwork, clear decision making, follow through, and the ability to manage workload and meet rolling deadlines. Our office uses current editions of both AutoCad and Revit. Additional design and technology skills a plus.
HKIT Architects is committed to a collaborative workplace and to architecture that “enriches communities and the environment through Design”. For firm information visit us at www.hkit.com
What You Will Do:
- Teaming on interior design projects that include programming client needs, conceptual design, schematic design, design development, space planning and construction documentation and installation.
- Participate in the selection and presentation of furniture, furniture systems, fabrics, color palettes, and lighting
- Generate finish plans, specifications, and material selections needed for construction
- Provide design support and documentation during completion and execution of design concepts
- Work with external consultants, product representatives, furniture dealers, and fabricators
- Engage in marketing and business development efforts
- Bachelor's degree in Interior Architecture or a related field from an accredited school
- 3-5 years of design experience of varying project types
- Proficient in AutoCAD, SketchUp, Revit, and other modeling software programs
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite applications (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Knowledge of furniture, finishes, materials, color selections, and specifications
- Graphics and sketching/visualization skills to effectively communicate design ideas
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates are invited to apply via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a cover letter, resume, and work samples in PDF format (10MB max). Including a link to an online portfolio in the cover letter or resume is appreciated! Inquiries that do not follow these instructions may not be considered.