Interior Designer / Architect
Join Ratcliff to discover what is important, imagine the potential and design for extraordinary outcomes.
Ratcliff possesses a vibrant vision, a drive for innovation and a commitment to sustainable design. With a legacy in the San Francisco Bay Area since 1906, the firm is a living, evolving architecture firm, dedicated to learning what is important to our clients, our community and our planet. This results in the design of extraordinary outcomes.
Ratcliff’s staff of 65+ engage clients who share our values and serve as strategic partners in designing sustainable building solutions. Our primary practice areas of academic, healthcare and civic architecture present significant opportunities for a sustainable architecture that is driven not only by place based questions of purpose, design and technology, but by deeper issues of our enhanced contribution to society.
We are looking for talented designers that possess open minded thinking, a disciplined approach to work and motivation to transform the built environment. Attributes include:
Strong design sense
Deep intelligence and curiosity
Strong work ethic
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture or Interior Design with 7 to 10 years professional experience in design and production of healthcare and academic projects.
- Provide overall design strategy of spatial configuration, finishes and furniture.
- Interest in presenting at client interviews and/or professional organization conferences.
- Strong presentation skills and exceptional graphic abilities using Revit, SketchUp, AutoCAD, Adobe CS, BluBeam and all Microsoft programs. Rhino, Grasshopper and 3D Max a plus.
- Certifications preferred: National Council for Interior Design Qualification (NCIDQ) and California Council for Interior Design Certification (CCIDC). Working knowledge of California Building Codes and ADA. OSHPD experience desirable.
- Candidates must have legal working status in the US as RATCLIFF will not be sponsoring work visas at this time.
RATCLIFF, an Equal Opportunity Employer, is conveniently located in Emeryville, between Berkeley and Oakland, just across the Bay Bridge from San Francisco. We provide a competitive salary and benefits package. To apply, submit resume with cover letter addressed to email@example.com No phone calls or drop-ins, please. All responses will be held in confidence.