Perkins Eastman is a global architecture and design firm guided by the belief that design can have a positive and lasting impact on people’s lives. With more than 1,000 employees in 17 locations around the world, we collaborate seamlessly across borders, barriers, and disciplines to connect people and ideas. Whether conceiving of new healthcare models, reviving a local landmark as a boutique hotel, or helping communities become more resilient, we are united in a dedication to progressive and inventive design that enhances the human experience. If everything is design, everything we do is HUMAN BY DESIGN.
The Opportunity: Perkins Eastman has an immediate need for an Interior Designer to work with our Healthcare Studio projects. The ideal candidate is responsible for collaborating with team members and design leaders throughout all phases of design and documentation. You will be challenged working with top institutional organizations and hospital systems ranging in size and complexity.
• Create initial design concept for a project and follow-through on all project phases
• Space planning
• Material selections
• Ceiling design and lighting selections
• Design of special features
• Selection of plumbing and toilet accessories
• Coordination with team members and consultants
• Coordinate with Spec Writer
• FF&E design and documentation including preliminary budgets
• Construction administration including processing RFI’s, submittals and shop drawings
• Assist with developing fee proposals
• Ability to travel occasionally to support project tasks
• Strong client communication and time management skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ability to work independently and in a team atmosphere as well as across offices
• Strong creative design and drawing skills, graphic and oral design presentation skills
• Have a working knowledge of industry standards, codes and construction documentation
• Ability to manage and mentor junior designers
• Bachelor’s degree from a 4 year CIDA accredited Interior Design program or equivalent
• Minimum of 5 to 8 years of related practice area experience required; healthcare and OSHPD (Office of Statewide Health Planning and Development) experience preferred
• NCIDQ certified or pursuing certification preferred
• High proficiency in Revit is required
• Strong proficiency with AutoCAD, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Rhino, MS Office, 3-D software such as Sketch-Up, Envision and other 3-D rendering tools
• LEED or WELL Certification or pursuing preferred
How to Apply:
If you would like to join a dynamic, energized, innovative and collaborative environment, where your ideas will be heard and your skills challenged, please visit our career page and apply with your cover letter, resume and/or portfolio (Adobe PDF preferred). No phone calls please.
Link: Human By Design
Perkins Eastman is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and a participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.