see arch. is an emerging office located in Oakland at the Old Mother’s Cookies Factory. We are currently a team of three full time and two part-time designers and architects, as well a part-time morale officer, Port Dog. Our projects range from residential new builds and remodels, commercial tenant improvements, and civic work. We offer traditional architectural services as well as design consulting, graphic design, and project management. see arch. values close collaboration both internally within the team and externally with consultants.
To find out more about us please visit see-architecture.com or reach out in person, via phone or email!
Joining see arch. is an incredible opportunity to not only grow as a designer but also collaboratively chart the future of this innovative architecture firm. We are an alternative architecture practice that respects tradition but is not afraid to question and explore.
As see arch. Is expanding, the ideal progression would be for this position to start with 10-20 hours a week and expand to full time from there. The part-time position is eligible for full health and dental benefits.
We are looking for the following qualifications:
- 5-7 years working in architecture
- Technical knowledge and experience in coordination with consultants and contractors
- Alignment with see arch. values
- Independent, self driven, as well as great group work skills
- Great management skills, business development skills or interest desired
- Proficiency with Archicad desired
- Proficiency with hand drawing, sketching and writing
- Presentation skills; knowledge of Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, SketchUp, Autocad
- Knowledge of zoning ordinances and the process by which design solutions are illustrated and explained to local jurisdictions.
How to Apply / Contact
Please email your application to email@example.com including the following:
Cover letter stating years of experience and why you are a good fit.
Resume, Work samples (PDF) including at least five recent projects, including your role. (10mb max.)
Thank you for your interest in see arch. we look forward to hearing from you!