RAD Urban is a vertically integrated development, architecture, engineering, construction, manufacturing and technology company. RAD Urban’s vision is to transform the building of cities, through hi-quality design and manufacturing for the modern urban environment. Headquartered in Oakland, RAD Urban specializes in multi-family, mixed-use and commercial projects, with an expanding focus on hi-rise modular construction.
RAD Urban is looking for Intermediate Designers to join our small but growing Architecture team. We work collaboratively with our in-house engineering and construction teams, and in close coordination with the manufacturing team to integrate modular technology into the building design. This is an opportunity for a motivated individual to work on unique building types and gain experience in a multi-disciplinary environment. RAD Urban offers exposure to the entire life-cycle of a building project, from acquisition and financing through project completion and occupancy.
- Production and coordinate of design, permit and construction documents
- Development of creative solutions for complex design issues
- Collaboration with in-house teams and coordination with external consultants.
- Production of graphic presentations and 3D visualizations
- Perform code, product and materials research
- 3-5 years of full-time working experience in an Architecture office
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Architecture from an accredited university
- Strong Revit skills and understanding of BIM best practices
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD. Proficiency with other 2D/3D software, including Adobe Suite, 3DS Max, V-Ray, Rhino, Computational Design tools a plus
- Proficiency with Building Systems, Materials, Construction Techniques. Working knowledge of interior and exterior detailing.
- Experience with the application of local building and zoning codes, and types 1&2 construction.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative to problem solve individually or with project team.
- Active participation in IDP and on licensure track. LEED accreditation or other green building professional certification is a plus.
Please provide a PDF portfolio of select work samples and resume: firstname.lastname@example.org