David Babcock & Associates (DB+A) is growing and seeking applicants for a Job Captain position. The ideal candidate is a motivated self-starter that can take direction from a Project Manager to assist with projects in a collaborative environment, provide the design and development of projects through all phases of the architecture and planning practice, work on multiple projects concurrently, utilize problem solving skills, generate creative design solutions, and work consistent with our company core values.
We are seeking a Job Captain with 3 to 5 years of experience to join our team as an integral member for the production of site planning exhibits, landscape drawings, and entitlement submittal packages.
Key Success Factors
- Proficient in AutoCAD and knowledge of file structures;
- Strong graphic presentation skills such as Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat, InDesign, Illustrator;
- Strong 3D modeling skills, such as Sketch Up, Rhino, Revit or equivalent;
- Strong drafting skills;
- Ability to multi-task and work on multiple projects;
- Ability to work within a team environment and coordinate with the design team, clients, consultants, and contractors;
- Strong design sense;
- Good communication skills both written and verbal;
- Good time management, organizational and problem solving skills.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in the practice of architecture/planning;
- Strong CAD drafting skills;
- Possess basic hand drawing skills;
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel, Outlook, Project, and Power Point;
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Google Sketch up, software.
Salary dependent upon experience.
How to apply: Please send your cover letter, resume and portfolio examples in PDF to: email@example.com. Include Job Captain on the subject line.
No phone calls please.