Are you a versatile design professional with 3-5 years of experience? Put your excellent design and communication skills and considerable Revit expertise to good use on a variety of project types at WDA.
About us: William Duff Architects is a dynamic, growing architecture firm, comprised of bright, creative, motivated people. Founded in 1998, WDA has built a national, award-winning reputation in residential, retail, restaurant, and commercial projects. We offer competitive salaries, full benefits, a transit-friendly workplace, and opportunities for professional growth.
Position: Job Captain
Practice Areas: Residential, Retail & Commercial
Reports to: Project Architect, Project Manager, Practice Manager and Principal
WDA Benefits Package:
- Competitive salaries
- Health, dental, vision & life insurance
- 401K retirement plan
- Paid vacations and sick time
- Professional development support
- In-house mentorship
- Quarterly office outings
- Summer hours
- Weekly happy hours
- In-house bicycle parking
- Retail discount program
- Work closely with Project Architect or Project Manager to coordinate multiple active projects with internal team members and consultants, source material samples and assess staffing needs.
- Manage document production by developing design and technical drawings, and researching relevant information. Conduct code and product research.
- Prepare design illustrations or rough sketches, and create digital models.
- Manage permitting and agency approvals process.
- Lead bidding and negotiation activities, and obtain cost estimates.
- Participate in Construction Observation activities, including site visits, RFI responses, submittal review, field reports, etc.
- Delegate project work and mentor junior team members.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in Architecture from a four-year college, university or equivalent; or five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 3 full years of relevant experience and demonstrated abilities working in an architecture office.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Documenting experience under the NCARB Architectural Experience Program (AXP) and actively pursuing licensure required. Licensure, LEED AP and additional certifications encouraged.
Other Job Requirements:
- Commitment to design excellence, sustainability and strong interest in working in all phases of architectural projects.
- Ability to work well in a team environment with experience managing and mentoring junior staff.
- Critical and creative thinker with strong design ability and attention to detail.
- Highly proficient in Revit, with experience in producing visualizations.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, MS Office, Adobe Creative Suite and Bluebeam.
- Strong writing, editing, organizational and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of green building technologies, products and net-zero design strategies.
- Receptive to coaching, with the ability to learn from constructive feedback and apply it to future work.
- Please submit the following in PDF form by email to email@example.com (not to exceed 4MB), and include the job title in the subject line:
- A cover letter articulating why you could be a good fit at WDA, and a bit about your personal design inspirations and aspirations
- Relevant work samples
- How you heard about WDA
No drop-in visits or phone calls, please. WDA is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer (AA/EOE).