the rosetta stone of documents and design.
the job captain is fluent in the languages of design, 3d visualizations and renderings, programming, construction methods, materials, building codes, agency requirements and relationships—not just among brick staff—but also with consultants and clients. job captains are wickedly tech-savvy, tirelessly detail-oriented, and cooly resourceful, using their skill, experience, and ingenuity to produce high quality documents. a great job captain has deep experience with projects from concept through design detailing and final documentation. job captains have their finger on the pulse of technical, code and sustainable design practices with a strong working knowledge of rules and recent innovations. leadership in 3d and bim modeling (revit/sketchup) is required.
at brick, we know that impeccably built projects require passionate job captains, which is why this role is directly involved in design as well as the big picture vision and needs of the client. if contributing to projects from every angle and collaborating to deliver exceptional documents for buildings and interiors sounds fun to you, we guarantee you won’t be just another brick in the wall.
- bachelor's degree in architecture or interior architecture (m.arch preferred).
- 5-7 years of experience in an architecture office (internships not counted).
- knowledge and experience in all phases of architectural project delivery / interior design.
- excellent technical skills working in revit to produce documents is a must. autocad and other 3d modeling software (sketchup/rhino/3d max) desired. lumion a plus.
- proven excellence in design, presentation skills, technical detailing and coordination.
- thorough understanding of architectural concepts, spatial relationships, and fundamental knowledge of building systems.
- experience in construction documentation, and ff&e specifications.
- working knowledge of the california building code.
- fluency with adobe creative suite.
- proficiency in microsoft office suite and bluebeam revu.
- excellent verbal, written and graphic communication skills.
- team oriented. desire to work in a collaborative environment with design team, clients, consultants, and contractors.
- candidates must have unrestricted authorization to work in the u.s.
position is full-time with benefits.
- flexible paid time off
- 401(k) with safe harbor contribution
- full medical, dental, & vision
- life & disability
- gym membership
- continuing education & professional development
- flexible work environment
how to apply
please submit resumes and samples of your work via our website: https://brick-inc.com/jobs/?
no telephone calls and no recruiters please. candidates who do not meet required qualifications will not be considered.
brick. friendly, unconventional, can-do architects.
a full-service architecture and interiors firm based in emeryville and palo alto, brick. is known for solving tricky design puzzles on the complex urban infill sites to create more value for our clients and expand what’s possible in the built environment. our diverse portfolio includes mixed-use creative office, higher education, and multifamily residential. brick-inc.com
brick. thrives on great ideas and initiative. we work with smart, talented, energetic architects and designers dedicated to happy clients, great design, a collaborative studio environment, and a healthy planet. we dive into design charrettes, impromptu pin-ups, and spirited dialogue to create beautiful buildings that work for people. we also use the latest design technology, demand technical rigor, and cultivate responsiveness and flexibility for projects and partnerships that last. we like coffee. and bikes.