Lowney Architecture is a 40-person enterprising, design driven, and civic-minded architecture firm in downtown Oakland. We work with clients to build urban communities where people can experience unique moments within the universality of everyday life, enhancing livability through unorthodox thinking, progressive ideas, a scaled approach and inspired designs. Our design excellence and technical expertise in buildings includes multi-family, mixed-use, and retail. Our office culture is one of casual professionalism. We work hard and we push each other, but we never forget to have fun in the pursuit of excellence. We want you to enjoy working here.
We are seeking a highly qualified Job Captain with in-depth experience in multi-family housing projects and a minimum of 5-7 years of relevant professional experience. The ideal candidate is team-oriented and has experience working with a project manager to create and coordinate documents and assisting in construction administration. This position is full-time. Compensation is based on experience and skill-set. The successful candid ate must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture
- 5-7 years of post-academic, professional design experience (at least 3 years of which is in mixed-use residential)
- Proficiency in SketchUp, Revit, Microsoft Office, and Bluebeam.
- Extensive knowledge of architectural design, detailing, building materials, building codes, and constructability.
- Exceptional management, organizational, design, and communication skills.
- Understanding and development of drawings from Schematic Design through Construction Documents.
- Comfortable tracking plans through entitlements and permitting with the local jurisdiction and responding to planning and plan check comments.
- Proficient in coordinating drawings with consultants.
- Knowledge of constructability and detailing.
- Proficient in Construction Administration including responding to RFI, reviewing submittals (with PM input), issuing addendums and issuing bulletins.
- Applicants must be highly organized and detail oriented. Must excel in working collaboratively and effectively with the ability to work on fast-paced projects through all phases of the project delivery, while fostering team spirit and an atmosphere of teaching and learning.
Please email your cover letter, resume and portfolio in pdf form [10MB max file size]. Thank you for your consideration.
Contact email: email@example.com