Join Ratcliff to discover what is important, imagine the potential and design for extraordinary outcomes.
We are looking for talented individuals that embrace open minded thinking, a disciplined approach to work and motivation to transform the built environment. Your attributes include:
- Critical thinking
- Strong design sense
- Deep intelligence and curiosity
- Flexible mindset
- Strong work ethic
Ratcliff possesses a vibrant vision, a drive for innovation and a commitment to sustainable design. With a legacy in the San Francisco Bay Area since 1906, the firm is a living, evolving architecture firm, dedicated to learning what is important to our clients, our community and our planet; and to designing for extraordinary outcomes.
Ratcliff’s staff of 65+ engages clients who share our values and serve as strategic partners in designing sustainable building solutions. Our primary practice areas of academic, healthcare and civic architecture present significant opportunities for architecture that is driven not only by place based questions of purpose, design and technology, but also by intrinsic issues born out of our contribution to society.
The practice is seeking a Junior Designer to support with developing design solutions for projects of varying size and complexity. The ideal candidate must be well-organized, possess strong communication skills and have strong follow through.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum 0 - 3 years professional experience in design and production of small to medium-sized projects
- General knowledge of California Building Codes and ADA.
- Strong graphic sensibilities and presentation skills
- Works well in a collaborative/integrated environment.
- Proficiency in Revit, SketchUp, AutoCAD, Adobe CS, BlueBeam, In-Design and Microsoft programs.
- Candidates must have legal working status in the US as Ratcliff will not be sponsoring work visas at this time.
Ratcliff, an Equal Opportunity Employer, is conveniently located in Emeryville, between Berkeley and Oakland, just across the Bay Bridge from San Francisco. We provide a competitive salary and benefits package. To apply, submit resume with cover letter addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org No phone calls or drop-ins, please. All responses will be held in confidence.