David Babcock + Associates (DB+A) is growing and is currently looking for a Landscape Architect. We’re seeking a Licensed Landscape Architect to lead landscape projects for one of our largest clients and support the overall growth of the firm. The ideal candidate will have the skills and experience necessary to lead the design efforts and juggle client needs and translate those needs into functional and creative landscape solutions. The ideal candidate must have significant direct client experience and background working on large scale retail and/or commercial projects and the proven ability to supervise and effectively work with and mentor junior staff.
Key Success Factors:
- Proven design detailing and preparation of construction documents
- Coordinate construction document preparation and administration phases
- Thorough knowledge of current California climate plant species
- Incorporate sustainable design practices into projects
- Ability to effectively communicate and negotiate with client representatives and local jurisdictions
- Provide efficient technical support and project communications to all team members
- Detail oriented and able to complete QA project reviews, manage budgets, and track deadlines and schedules
- Preference for consistency, stability, and balance
- Ability to follow procedures, office standards, and protocols
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong time management, organizational and problem solving skills
- 5 to 7 years of experience in the practice of landscape architecture
- Licensed Landscape Architect in the State of California a bonus
- Possess hand and CAD drafting skills
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel, Outlook, Project, and Power Point
- Strong skills in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Google Sketch up
Salary dependent upon experience.
How to apply: Please send your cover letter, resume and portfolio examples in PDF to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Include Landscape Architect on the subject line.
No phone calls please.