Are you ready to take the next step, and have 5-7 years of experience? If you have strong design skills, experience managing and mentoring junior staff, and are licensed, we’d love to meet you!
About us: William Duff Architects is a dynamic, growing architecture firm, comprised of bright, creative, motivated people. Founded in 1998, WDA has built a national, award-winning reputation in residential, retail, restaurant, and commercial projects. We offer competitive salaries, full benefits, a transit-friendly workplace, and opportunities for professional growth.
Position: Project Architect
Practice Areas: Residential, Retail & Commercial
Reports to: Project Manager, Practice Manager and Principal
Manages: Job Captain, Designer
WDA Benefits Package:
- Competitive salaries
- Health, dental, vision & life insurance
- 401K retirement plan
- Paid vacations and sick time
- Professional development support
- In-house mentorship
- Quarterly office outings
- Summer hours
- Weekly happy hours
- In-house bicycle parking
- Retail discount program
- Work closely with Project Manager or Practice Manager to coordinate multiple active projects with internal team members and consultants, source material samples and assess staffing needs.
- Manage document production by developing design and technical drawings, and researching relevant information. Conduct code and product research.
- Identifies, researches, coordinates and resolves design and technical detailing in consultation with senior staff and team.
- Prepare design illustrations or rough sketches, and create digital models with team.
- Manage permitting and agency approvals process.
- Lead bidding and negotiation activities, and obtain cost estimates.
- Lead Construction Observation activities, including site visits, RFI responses, submittal review, field reports, etc.
- Delegate project work and mentor junior team members.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Architecture from an accredited college, university or equivalent in education or experience.
- Minimum 5 full years of relevant experience and demonstrated abilities working in an architecture office.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Licensure required, preferably in California. LEED AP and additional certifications encouraged.
Other Job Requirements:
- Commitment to design excellence, sustainability and strong interest in working in all phases of architectural projects.
- Strong leadership and team building skills.
- Ability to work well in a team environment with experience managing and mentoring junior staff.
- Critical and creative thinker with strong design ability and attention to detail.
- Communicates with clients and manages expectations effectively.
- Highly proficient in Revit, with experience in producing visualizations.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, MS Office, Adobe Creative Suite and Bluebeam.
- Strong writing, editing, organizational and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of green building technologies, products and net-zero design strategies.
Please submit the following in PDF form by email to email@example.com (not to exceed 4MB), and include the job title in the subject line:
- A cover letter articulating why you could be a good fit at WDA, and a bit about your personal design inspirations and aspirations
- Relevant work samples
- How you heard about WDA
No drop-in visits or phone calls, please. WDA is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer (AA/EOE).