We are a growing team of driven and skilled engineers, architects, builders, and manufacturers. RAD Urban’s vision is to transform the building of cities, through hi-quality design and manufacturing for the modern urban environment. Headquartered in Oakland, RAD Urban specializes in multi-family, mixed-use and hi-rise modular construction.
RAD Urban is looking for a Project Architect to join our small but growing Architecture team. We are looking for a motivated individual who takes initiative and thrives in an environment of change, research and exploration. Our design process is guided by professional expertise while determined to innovation beyond traditional practice. We are developing a new way to build and need professionals who are excited about challenging how our industry operates - in design, construction and beyond.
RAD Urban offers exposure to the entire life-cycle of a building project, from acquisition and financing through project completion and occupancy. We work collaboratively with our in-house engineering and construction teams, and in close coordination with the manufacturing team to integrate modular technology into the building design.
- Guiding and supervising the team to meet architectural objectives with support from Project Manager and Design Leadership
- Full project coordination with our inhouse manufacturing and engineering groups as well as outside consultants
- Integrating new construction methods into design and building detailing
- Meeting and reviewing code compliant design to local AHJ and State entities
- Development of creative solutions for complex design and technical issues
- Delivering project documentation through drawings and specifications
- 8+ years of full-time working experience in an Architecture office
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Architecture from an accredited university
- Licensed architect
- Strong Revit skills and understanding of BIM best practices
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD. Proficiency with other 2D/3D software, including Adobe Suite, 3DS Max, V-Ray, Rhino, Computational Design tools a plus
- Highly Proficient with the integration of Building Systems, Materials, Construction Techniques into Architectural solutions.
- Skilled with interior and exterior detailing for construction documents.
- Proficient with the application of local building and zoning codes, and experience in types 1&2 construction – multifamily residential and mixed use project preferred.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative to problem solve individually or with project team. Experience managing teams for permit and construction documents.
- LEED accreditation or other green building professional certification is a plus.
Please provide a PDF portfolio of select work samples and resume: firstname.lastname@example.org