the swiss army knife of the design team.
a creative thinker and versatile team leader, the project architect is the design, communication, and production hub for brick’s innovative and challenging projects. the right candidate thrives on design and technical execution in equal measure, leading, mentoring, and motivating the entire design team and stewarding the details with a deep understanding of every phase of the design and construction process.
the project architect understands the importance of exceptional client and consultant relationships, keeps projects running smoothly, and safeguards our clients’ financial investment as if it were their own. great project architects overlay the broader project vision with the nitty gritty: schedule, budget, site constraints, code requirements, and contract parameters. they understand the value of mentoring junior staff, giving voice to novel ideas, and delegating when appropriate, always with the understanding that every contribution to the project must meet brick’s rigorous standards for quality. does designing and delivering a project that’s better than anyone imagined sound fun to you? join brick and prepare to crush!
- bachelor's degree in architecture (master's degree preferred).
- architect's license in the state of california required.
- 7-10+ years of experience in an architecture office (internships not counted).
- leadership in 3d and bim modeling (revit/sketchup)/coordination is required. sketchup / rhino / 3d max / lumion desired.
- experience leading successful projects from concept through design detailing, code compliance, final documentation and construction administration is required.
- experience managing multiple aspects of client, team and project delivery, including scope, scheduling, budget, and coordination with structural, mep, lighting, av, landscape and civil consultants.
- ability to lead project teams and ensure efficient execution of all phases of work and an exceptional client experience.
- oversee construction administration, including the processing of submittals, rfi’s and substitution requests during construction.
- maintain project manual and specifications.
- conduct on-site observations and document site reviews.
- project proposal writing (scope, fee, schedule) and business development efforts.
- fluency with adobe creative suite.
- proficiency in microsoft office suite and bluebeam revu.
- excellent verbal, written and graphic communication skills.
- team oriented. desire to work in a collaborative environment with design team, clients, consultants, and contractors.
- candidates must have unrestricted authorization to work in the u.s.
position is full-time with benefits.
- flexible paid time off
- 401(k) with safe harbor contribution
- full medical, dental, & vision
- life & disability
- gym membership
- continuing education & professional development
- flexible work environment
how to apply
please submit resumes and samples of your work via our website: https://brick-inc.com/jobs/?
no telephone calls and no recruiters please. candidates who do not meet required qualifications will not be considered.
brick. friendly, unconventional, can-do architects.
a full-service architecture and interiors firm based in emeryville and palo alto, brick. is known for solving tricky design puzzles on complex urban infill sites and in learning environments to create more value for our clients and expand what’s possible in the built environment. our diverse portfolio includes mixed-use creative office, higher education, and multifamily residential. brick-inc.com
brick. thrives on great ideas and initiative. we work with smart, talented, energetic architects and designers dedicated to happy clients, great design, a collaborative studio environment, and a healthy planet. we dive into design charrettes, impromptu pin-ups, and spirited dialogue to create beautiful buildings that work for people. we also use the latest design technology, demand technical rigor, and cultivate responsiveness and flexibility for projects and partnerships that last. we like coffee. and bikes.