Are you interested in joining a collaborative, community-based architectural practice that uses imagination and creativity on challenging projects?
Do you want to work in a firm small enough to participate in all aspects of design and management, but large enough to take on significant civic and institutional work?
Do you have the commitment, enthusiasm, and expertise to grow personally while being recognized for your contributions?
If this sounds like you, then we want to hear from you!
Embedded in Oakland since 1999, SKA has achieved healthy and steady growth as a result of the talent, commitment, intelligence, integrity, and solid professional skills that the firm brings to everything they do. Today, with a staff of 15 people, SKA is one of the East Bay’s leading design firms with an excellent reputation for the projects that are integral to our communities — from visitor centers, community centers, and fire stations to higher education, and other civic buildings.
SKA is seeking an architect with commitment, enthusiasm, and expertise to join their design team in a senior position. What matters most is:
- Solid, design-oriented architectural experience, preferably with civic and institutional projects in the range of $5 to $30 million or more.
- Focus on quality in all aspects of the work, from initial presentations through design, documentation, and delivery of architectural services.
- Ability to design with imagination and manage to achieve constructibility.
- Ability to represent the firm with clients and the public, building on meetings and other communications to develop and enrich relationships.
- Commitment to grow into a leadership role at SKA.
- Interest and desire to work with other team members to create opportunities for continuous learning and professional growth.
- Personal characteristics that include being a fundamentally nice person who is intelligent, collaborative, and articulate, with good judgment about people and situations.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Architecture
- Architectural license in California
- At least 10 years of working experience, with a portfolio that demonstrates design ability as well as technical knowledge
- Highly professional, with excellent communication skills, including fluency in English (oral and written)
- Experience with CAD and Revit (preferred) as well as other digital technology (Adobe Creative Suite, Sketchup, 3D visualization) and management tools (MS Office, Google Apps)
In order to be considered for employment, applicants must be eligible to work in the United States.
How to Apply
Please check out our website at skarc.com, then submit your cover letter, resume, and portfolio in PDF format by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. For immediate consideration please reference Project Architect in the e-mail subject line.