Project Architect/Project Manager
SIEGEL & STRAIN ARCHITECTS has an opening for a Project Architect/Project Manager.
Siegel & Strain Architects is a vibrant, award-winning, 18-person East Bay firm with a diverse range of projects. We are a design- and research-oriented practice with a national reputation for advancing sustainable design. We work with innovative sub-consultants and use forward-looking materials and systems. Our portfolio includes civic and educational projects, camps and retreat centers, schools, recreational buildings, custom homes and historic buildings. Our work can be viewed at www.siegelstrain.com. Current projects include:
- A family camp in Tuolumne County for the City of Berkeley.
- A new visitor center for Save the Redwoods League and National Park Service.
- Two youth camps: a masterplan in Sonoma County and a dining hall in Southern California.
- A youth community center for Boys & Girls Clubs.
- Several National Park Service projects.
- Facilities at San Francisco Parks.
- Several community-serving projects under construction including a new library, a new community center, a child development center, and an environmental education youth camp.
We typically work in collaborative teams of two or more people each with specific roles and responsibilities on individual projects. We are looking for a self-starting project designer to work on projects from pre-design through construction.
- Minimum B. Arch.; Master of Architecture preferred
- 5-10 years’ experience in architecture offices
- Strong design skills
- Ability to research and problem solve
- Proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD, Sketch-up, Rhino and Adobe Suite
- Strong organizational, writing and interpersonal skills
- Experience working with California building codes
- Experience preparing construction documents and details, particularly for Type V construction
- Experience in construction administration is a plus
- LEED accreditation, green design experience is a plus
- Experience working on historic buildings is a plus
- Proficiency in rendering and parametric programs is a plus
- Proficiency in energy, daylighting or similar modeling/analysis a plus
- Progress toward licensure is a plus
Salary is commensurate with experience. Benefits include health insurance, paid vacation and retirement contributions.
How to Apply:
Please e-mail cover letter, resume, references and work samples.
Format: PDF format required. No compressed files please.
Address to: email@example.com
Subject line: Project Architect/Designer
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE