An early innovator in designing projects with both people and earth care in mind, Todd Jersey Architecture (TJA) leads the way in sustainable, cost-effective design, creating some of California’s most beautiful, comfortable and ecologically sound projects. With over 30 years of experience, Todd’s approach integrates budget considerations with sustainable methods, strategies, materials and systems to eliminate the need to choose between designing/building sustainably - and beautiful, affordable design. TJA’s clients share his passion of harnessing the power and efficiency of sustainability and benefit from the approach. TJA’s over 300 projects include many works that have received wide acclaim for excellence in design. From home new construction to residential remodels and accessory dwelling units, commercial tenant improvements to new multi-family housing, non-profit to commercial and institutional projects. The studio vibe is relaxed and friendly with a focus on delivering high quality results.
The primary focus of the Project Captain is to manage projects including drafting and overseeing the drafting of projects, taking direction from the Principal, and to work in coordination with the Sr. Project Manager to ensure key project milestones and job profitability are met. This position will quickly generate design options as well as translate Principal’s vision into Revit models. This position will have day-to-day client and other project member management responsibilities. Success entails delivering projects against the agreed upon design intent and the three pillars of Todd Jersey Architecture projects - sustainability, cost-efficiency and beauty - as well as the contract deliverables.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Support the Principal in development of the design and detailing
- Manage the production, organization, coordination, thoroughness, and accuracy of all documents in the drawing set
- Communicate with and coordinate the efforts of project team members, clients, consultants, contractors and agency officials
- Assist the Sr. Project Manager in tracking project time versus budget and schedule, anticipate required staff resources and organize workflow
- Work with the project team to produce presentation materials
- Research and specify materials, products and systems
- Attend job site meetings, issue supplemental instructions and RFI responses, process submittals and shop drawing review during Construction Administration
- Coach and mentor Project Coordinators and Interns, share experiences and lessons learned to increase the firm’s common knowledge
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation and benefits are commensurate with experience. We also offer paid vacation and sick leave.
- Accredited degree in architecture
- Minimum of two years related professional experience, preferably including design and detailing experience on residential and multi-family projects
- Technical knowledge of wood-frame construction
- Demonstrated Revit proficiency
- Excellent verbal, written and graphic communication skills
How to Apply
Submit cover letter, resume and portfolio samples, with indication of your role on the projects submitted. We will acknowledge receipt of your information, but only candidates being considered for a position will be contacted. Please no hard copies, drop-ins or telephone calls.