Todd Jersey Architecture is an early innovator in sustainable design based in Berkeley, California with over 30 years of experience designing beautiful, affordable and sustainable projects that serve people and respect the environment. Our over 300 projects - from residential new construction to remodels and accessory dwelling units, commercial tenant improvements to new multi-family housing, non-profit to commercial and institutional projects - include many works that have received wide acclaim for excellence in design. The studio vibe is relaxed and friendly with a focus on delivering high quality results.
We are currently adding to our team. If you are a team player with a passion for sustainable design as well as demonstrated professional skills and success, we’re interested in you
The primary focus of the Project Captain is to manage projects, including drafting and overseeing the drafting of projects, and to ensure key project milestones and job profitability are met. This position will quickly generate design options as well as translate Principal’s vision into Revit models, and will develop construction documents for permit submittal. This position will have day-to-day client and other project management responsibilities. Successful performance entails delivering projects against the agreed upon design intent and the three pillars of Todd Jersey Architecture projects - sustainability, cost-efficiency and beauty as well as the contract deliverables.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Work with Principal on design of projects
- Manage the production, organization, coordination, thoroughness, and accuracy of all documents
- Communicate with and coordinate the efforts of project team members, clients, consultants, contractors and agency officials
- Track project time versus budget and schedule, anticipate required staff resources and organize workflow
- Create and/or work with the project team to produce presentation materials
- Research and specify materials, products and systems
- Attend job site meetings, issue supplemental instructions and RFI responses, process submittals and drawing reviews during Construction Administration
- Coach and mentor Project Coordinators and Interns, share experiences and lessons learned to increase the firm’s common knowledge
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation and benefits are commensurate with experience, including paid vacation and sick leave.
- Accredited degree in architecture
- Minimum of five years related professional experience, preferably including design and detailing experience on residential and multi-family projects
- Five years of construction document experience and technical knowledge of wood-frame construction
- Demonstrated proficiency in Revit software, AutoCAD and Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign; experience with Recap Pro, 3D graphics such as Rhino a plus
- Excellent verbal, written, email and graphic communication skills
How to Apply
Email your cover letter, resume and portfolio samples to email@example.com. Please include in your submittal a description of your role on your projects that relate to the qualifications needed for this position. We will acknowledge receipt of your information, but only candidates being considered for a position will be contacted. Please no hard copies, drop-ins or telephone calls.