David Babcock & Associates (DB+A) is growing and is currently looking for a Project Manager to lead projects for one of our largest clients and support the overall growth of the firm. The ideal candidate will have the skills and experience necessary to lead the design efforts and juggle client needs and translate those needs into functional and creative solutions. The ideal candidate must have significant direct client experience and background working on large scale retail and/or commercial projects and the proven ability to supervise and effectively work with and mentor junior staff.
Key Success Factors:
- Proven design detailing and preparation of construction documents
- Coordinate construction document preparation and administration phases
- Thorough knowledge of the current California building code and ADA requirements
- Incorporate sustainable design practices into projects
- Ability to effectively communicate and negotiate with client representatives and local jurisdictions
- Provide efficient technical support and project communications to all team members
- Detail oriented and able to complete QA project reviews, manage budgets, and track deadlines and schedules
- Preference for consistency, stability, and balance
- Ability to follow procedures, office standards, and protocols
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong time management, organizational and problem solving skills
- 7+ years of experience in the practice of architecture and planning
- Possess basic hand and CAD drafting skills
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel, Outlook, Project, and Power Point
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Google Sketch up
Salary dependent upon experience.
How to apply: Please send your cover letter, resume and portfolio examples in PDF to: email@example.com. Include Project Manager on the subject line.
No phone calls please.