Perkins Eastman is a global architecture and design firm guided by the belief that design can have a positive and lasting impact on people’s lives. With more than 1,000 employees in 17 locations around the world, we collaborate seamlessly across borders, barriers, and disciplines to connect people and ideas. Whether conceiving of new healthcare models, reviving a local landmark as a boutique hotel, or helping communities become more resilient, we are united in a dedication to progressive and inventive design that enhances the human experience. If everything is design, everything we do is HUMAN BY DESIGN.
The Opportunity: Project Manager/Architect is a project leadership position with responsibility for architectural design and technical production of projects. Perkins Eastman covers multiple practice areas including multifamily, residential, mixed-use, senior living and or hospitality. We are seeking an individual with strong technical and communication skills working within the design team to create exemplary buildings to suit clients’ and users’ needs.
• Manage the overall project through all design phases including client interaction, schedule and financial performance. Strong organizational, communication, and leadership skills are essential.
• Assist Principal-in-Charge with generating Design Services Proposals
• Understand contracts and run projects from inception through to project closeout
• Manage project teams, determining staffing assignments required to meet project milestones
• Responsible for all aspects of project management including budgeting, staffing, billing and consultant billing
• Manage and/or generate details, both exterior and interior within a Revit context
• Lead in coordination with consultants and design team
• Coordinate material identification and specifications
• Quality control of the contract documents
• Lead all aspects of the Construction Administration phase including meetings, submittals and preparation of field sketches.
• Bachelor or Master degree in Architecture is required
• Minimum 8 plus years of experience with multifamily residential, mixed-use, senior living and / or hospitality
• Strong written and verbal communications skills
• Project manager/Architect
• Project architect/Designer
• Familiarity with Deltek Vision Software a plus
• Proficient with computer-assisted design software such as Revit AutoCAD, Photoshop, Illustrator, In-design; 3D software such as Sketchup is required.
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software
• License required
How to Apply:
If you would like to join a dynamic, energized, innovative and collaborative environment, where your ideas will be heard and your skills challenged, please visit our career page and apply with your cover letter, resume and/or portfolio (Adobe PDF preferred). No phone calls please.
Link: Human By Design
Perkins Eastman is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and a participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.