Project Manager – Residential
Do you have a passion for project delivery and residential design? Your 7+ years of architecture experience also means you’ve honed your skill for motivating a project team to the finish line.
About us: William Duff Architects is a dynamic, growing architecture firm, comprised of bright, creative, motivated people. Founded in 1998, WDA has built a national, award-winning reputation in residential, retail, restaurant, and commercial projects. We offer competitive salaries, full benefits, a transit-friendly workplace, and opportunities for professional growth.
Position: Project Manager - Residential
Practice Areas: Residential
Reports to: Practice Manager and Principal
Manages: Project Architect, Job Captain, Designer
WDA Benefits Package:
- Competitive salaries
- Health, dental, vision & life insurance
- 401K retirement plan
- Paid vacations and sick time
- Professional development support
- In-house mentorship
- Quarterly office outings
- Summer hours
- Weekly happy hours
- In-house bicycle parking
- Retail discount program
- Work closely with Practice Manager to manage multiple active small to mid-sized projects, set-up project and establish project goals, prepare work plan, and assess staffing needs.
- Manage document production by developing design and technical drawings, and research relevant information with team.
- Manage and prepare sketches and concepts with team, and develop project design with Practice Manager and Principal.
- Ensure that project conforms to contractual agreement with client.
- Provide technical expertise for effective detailing and constructability.
- Manage project schedule and budget to ensure profitability and completion on time.
- Conduct code and product research with team, and manage the permitting and agency approvals process.
- Manage the bidding and negotiation process, and assist the client in evaluation of submitted bids.
- Implement quality assurance/quality control processes to reduce risks and exposure in all phases of the project.
- Direct and manage Construction Observation activities, including scheduling, review of shop drawings, field observations, review of change orders, and review of contractor pay requests.
- Review project invoices and expenses.
- Participate in business development and marketing activities.
- Delegate project work, mentor and motivate team members.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Architecture from an accredited college, university or equivalent in education or experience.
- Minimum 7 or more years of experience working in an architecture office with three years in the designing and managing of high-end residential projects.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Licensure required, preferably in California. LEED AP certification encouraged.
Other Job Requirements:
- Commitment to design excellence, sustainability and strong interest in working in all phases of architectural projects.
- Knowledge of residential design, construction means and methods, architectural detailing, and building and planning codes.
- Proven ability to effectively manage, motivate and lead a project team.
- Ability to navigate stressful, dynamic or ambiguous situations, schedules and project demands.
- Critical and creative thinker with strong design ability and attention to detail.
- Strong design ability as representative in sketches, renderings or other means.
- Proficiency with BIM software (Revit strongly preferred).
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, MS Office, Adobe Creative Suite and Bluebeam.
- Strong writing, editing, organizational and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of green building technologies, products and net-zero design strategies.
Please submit the following in PDF form by email to firstname.lastname@example.org (not to exceed 4MB), and include the job title in the subject line:
- A cover letter articulating why you could be a good fit at WDA, and a bit about your personal design inspirations and aspirations
- Relevant work samples
- How you heard about WDA
No drop-in visits or phone calls, please. WDA is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer (AA/EOE).