PYATOK is seeking a full-time Senior Designer with design and production experience in multifamily housing, and a strong understanding of multiple construction types, including wood-frame, steel, and concrete podium building typologies. .
PYATOK is an award-winning, nationally recognized leader in the design of multi-family affordable, senior, market-rate, student, and special needs housing, as well as mixed-use development and master planning. Within the communities where we work, we engage resident participation to ensure we are best serving them and the public good. We succeed because our team has a shared passion for delivering high-quality design to the communities we serve.
Our collaborative style of management and culture includes a pedagogical commitment to mentorship, including weekly in-house professional development sessions and annual stipends for continuing education. Our design philosophy and team structures reflect our goal of nurturing “complete” architects. Without the constraints inherent with a studio or department structure, our team members develop their own portfolios of diverse skills and assume ownership of their projects. In addition, this approach dovetails with our expectation that team members actively participate in various aspects of our firm’s operations and management.
Our office is conveniently located between 12th and 19th Street BART stations in an increasingly dynamic downtown Oakland. We offer competitive salaries and benefits (medical and dental, holidays, PTO and 401(k) with matching) in addition to a collaborative, healthy, and vibrant work environment.
What you will be doing:
- Support the Project Architect and/or Project Manager on your project team
- Assist Project Principal and/or Project Architect in design, including preparation of presentation documentation
- Assemble and lay out construction document sheets
- Manage production of construction document sets, including management of the production team
- Coordinate with design consultants as needed
- Sketch details and communicate ideas to other production team members
- Develop task lists and oversee completion of assigned tasks by production team members
Qualifications and experience you will need:
- Professional degree in architecture (Bachelor or Master of Architecture from an accredited program in the US)
- 4-8 years of experience in architecture, multi-family preferred
- Thorough understanding of construction document production and working with consultants
- Strong design and planning skills; detail oriented
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent verbal, written and graphic skills
- Strong interest in mentoring younger team members
- Working toward CA licensure
- Fluency in Revit; proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, MS Office and Sketch-Up
- Willingness to pitch in and assist where needed in a team-oriented culture
Other combinations of education and experience will be considered. Salary depends upon experience.
If you believe you could thrive surrounded by people who are passionate and committed to their work and community, who enjoy the company of their colleagues, who value having a voice in the conversation, and who find moments of levity amidst the serious pursuit of excellence, then we invite you to reach out and tell us about yourself and why you think you would be a valuable addition to our team.
To apply, please email your cover letter, including salary requirements, resume, relevant work samples, and references (PDF format, 10mb max.) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only complete applications will be considered.
PYATOK is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
No telephone calls PLEASE.