Senior Designer with 2+ years Residential Experience
Koch Architects is a full-service architecture and design firm located in West Berkeley, our team is committed to delivering beautifully designed projects and an exceptional experience to our clients. Modern, residential projects throughout California and the West are our specialty and we shepherd projects from an initial idea through all stages of design and construction. Our small office culture is approachable, yet the work is rigorous in quality and detail.
With a number of new, compelling projects underway we have an opportunity for candidates to further develop their skill sets and gain rich experiences, such as leading a small team through all stages of the design and delivery process. We are seeking candidates who appreciate our aesthetic and possess the exceptional technical skills necessary to develop full construction document packages and perform construction administration services. Ideally, candidates will have a minimum of 5-7 years of experience in an architectural firm and a minimum of 2 years of compatible residential experience.
The primary responsibilities of this position include:
- Working with the Principal and team members to prepare 2D and 3D design documents (CAD, hand drawing, SketchUp modeling)
- Creating, editing, and managing construction drawing sets
- Assisting with project correspondence, schedule, and budget
- Code research (planning and building)
- Collaborating with the Principal on design direction
- Project management of small projects, from conception through construction administration
- Research and specify materials and systems with a focus on aesthetics and budget
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from an accredited architecture school
- Ability to develop complete sets of construction documents
- Past experience coordinating work with consultants & contractors, including references who will speak to this ability
- Construction Administration experience on job sites
- Working knowledge of CBC (California Building Code)
- Excellent graphic, rendering, and verbal communication skills are a must
- A thorough knowledge of AutoCAD and SketchUp
- A working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
- Motivated and able to work independently, with a team, and directly with the Principal
The firm provides competitive compensation and an employee benefits program.
How to apply
Please email a single .pdf file with a cover letter, resume, and portfolio demonstrating design skills and construction drawings to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Senior Designer” in the subject heading. Max. size of 7 Mb. No phone calls or drop-ins, please. We will respond to qualified candidates via e-mail.