Upgrade Your Membership
For members who have recently become licensed architects and would like to change their membership status from Assoc. AIA to AIA.
I have been a member of the AIA for 15 successive years and I am 70 years of age and retired or incapacitated and unable to work.
Emeritus status members certify that:
- I have resigned from my previous firm and relinquished my practice.
- I no longer sign or seal architectural drawings.
- I no longer market my services as an architect or consultant.
- I will refrain from establishing a firm or business name that will imply a continuation of architectural or consulting practice.
Activities Allowed Under Emeritus Status as an AIA Emeritus Member include the following:
- Continue to maintain an architectural license
- Provide minor consulting with past clients and responses to unsolicited requests
- Sit on professional committees, mentor young architects, write for professional journals, and/or teach on a part time basis.