Wednesday, February 28, 2018
Early registration (by February 26): Free AIA Members/employees of chapter member firms; $10 guests. Late registration: $10 AIA Members/employees of chapter member firms; $15 guests
Click here to register.
1.5 CES LUs
As companies grow to the next level, they need more leaders and leadership at every level. Without it, those companies become disorganized and inefficient, and they get passed up by competitors. Two principals of CEO to CEO, Inc, a management consulting firm, will bring you actionable ideas about becoming a more powerful leader and manager in your firm. Hear from:
- Gary Wohl, past President and CFO of Harris and Associates, a $50M revenue Bay Area Engineering firm.
- Robert Sher, Founding Principal of CEO to CEO, author, columnist on Forbes.com and veteran CEO.
- How to build a simple but powerful operating plan that will keep you focused all year long.
- Keys to better teamwork, even if you’re not the “boss” of the team.
- Using listening as a tactical tool to get people more aligned with your ideas.
- Confronting badly behaving individuals in your firm in a positive yet effective way.
Wednesday, September 6, 2017
$30 professionals / $20 students
Click here to register.
The U.S. solar energy market is booming and demand for solar is at an all-time high. As more individuals decide to go solar, a new national solar training course is helping designers grab their market share of this new technology and add solar expertise to their list of qualifications. Design professionals play a crucial role in the decision since they are in the unique position of educating building owners, appraisers and code officials as part of every project. In partnership with AIA and ASHRAE, the Building Codes Assistance Project (BCAP) and the Center for Sustainable Energy (CSE) are offering solar training for design professionals in 22 metropolitan areas across the United States. LU/HSW are provided.
The training is specially designed to educate architects and engineers on how to incorporate solar photovoltaics (PV) into their design plans, how to differentiate themselves in the marketplace by offering solar PV to the clients, how to speak with clients about the benefits of solar PV, and where to find information on the financial incentives available for solar PV.
Solar PV systems provide many benefits. Solar can increase property value and significantly reduce a building’s operating costs over its lifetime.
At the end of this presentation, attendees will be able to…
- Act in a leadership capacity to increase solar PV deployment in your community and in your practice.
- Understand the basic technical information and code considerations on solar photovoltaics (PV).
- Distinguish among and understand the appropriate application for different types of solar energy systems.
- Make an actionable connection between the role of solar deployment and zero energy buildings and Architecture 2030 goal.
Wednesday, April 1, 2015
Location: Wurster Hall, UC Berkeley Campus
ByDesign, CASA Alumni and the College of Environmental Design are proud to host the 5th Annual CASA Alumni Awards at UC Berkeley’s Wurster Hall. The event will start with food, refreshments, salsa music, and the opportunity to mingle with alumni, students and design professionals, before honoring this year’s CASA scholarship recipients — students demonstrating extraordinary academic achievement and commitment to their communities.
The event will feature distinguished speaker Edgar Lopez, AIA, architect for the City and County of San Francisco, who will address design careers and providing design services to public sector clients.