AIA CA Grassroots: In-District Virtual Legislative Days
AIA CA Grassroots gives local California components and their members the opportunity to directly advocate for AIA California’s legislative agenda and develop relationships with their local state legislators.
Issue briefs trainings and legislative meetings will be held virtual this year. AIA CA will provide resources and training to prepare the local components to set up and facilitate meetings between their members and their local state representatives in the Capitol.
AIA CA Responsibilities:
Link Chapters to Legislative Districts
- AIA CA will identify the legislators for each Chapter
- AIA CA will help prioritize legislators
- This list of Chapters/legislators will be available in early April
Develop Issue Briefs
- AIA CA will prepare the Issue Briefs and Talking Points for Members
- The Issue Briefs and Talking Points will be available in early April.
Provide Advocacy Resources
- AIA CA will offer training sessions/issue briefings for Members on April 23rd and 30th.
Local Chapter Responsibilities:
Reach out to Legislators to Set Appointments
- AIA CA will develop meeting request letters for Chapters to send to their legislators.
- Chapters will request the meetings.
- AIA CA will help Chapters prioritize legislators
Recruit Members to Attend
- Chapters will identify Members to attend meetings with legislators.
Inform AIA CA of Meetings and Provide Feedback
- This will help AIA CA provide any follow-up
communications requested by legislator
For more information, contact:
- Mark Christian, Hon. AIA CA
- Debbie Salindo
- Architectural Bay Cruise: The Tale of Two Cities | A’23
- Jun 07 2023 - Jun 10 2023
- All Day