ARE Boot Camp – Project Management
This course will assess objectives related to the management of architectural projects, including organizing principles, contract management, and consultant management. The course will focus on issues related to office standards, development of project teams, and overall project control of client, fee, and risk management. Candidates must demonstrate an understanding of and abilities in quality control, project team configuration, and project scheduling. In addition, candidates must demonstrate the ability to establish and deliver project services per contractual requirements in collaboration with consultants.
Over the course of 10 consecutive weeks we will meet on Monday evenings from 6-8pm at the AIA East Bay offices and/or Online. Where we will cover the following sections.
SECTION 1: Resource Management
SECTION 2: Project Work Planning
SECTION 3: Contracts
SECTION 4: Project Execution
SECTION 5: Project Quality Control
Each two hour meeting will consist of:
- Introductions and announcements
- Review and discussion of the past weeks materials (if needed)
- Deep dive into the evenings focus of study – any and all of the below methods will be used
- Guest speaker – its our goal to have at least 1 expert in class every other week – more if possible.
- Use of Black Spectacles videos and other resources in class
- Short quizzes to test before and after knowledge of our topics
- Group discussion
- UC Berkeley Presents – Environmental Design (CED) Career Fair
- Mar 04 2021
- 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm