Transforming How we Build: Building Carbon Neutrality at a Campus Scale
The Facilities Energy & Engineering team at UC Davis is doing its part to tackle the goal of Carbon Neutrality by 2025 with a strategy that includes building an in-house energy engineering team, training and educating students to engage in the campus-wide effort, and creating analytical tools and web-based campaigns to improve the process and make it sustainable for the long run. Topics addressed will include:
- Background on the UC-wide Carbon Neutrality Initiative and the UC Davis strategy for carbon neutrality by 2025
- How in the Sustainable Campus, Sustainable Cities initiative, UC Davis aims to not only achieve carbon neutrality, but engage students in transforming the UC Davis campus into a practical-solutions showcase demonstrating how communities can significantly reduce GHG emissions even while growing.
- Building an in-house energy engineering team with the skills to succeed
- Creating an energy efficiency program that pays for itself
- Achieving deep energy efficiency in existing buildings
- Incorporating students and educating through operational energy savings initiatives
- Planning and implementing infrastructure projects to transform the campus energy systems, including heat recovery and renewables.
- Designing new buildings to align with carbon neutrality
SMUD + AIACV bring you this year-long series “Transforming How We Build”, dedicated to high performance, regenerative design. It will cover carbon neutral and net zero architecture, social equity and other innovations that transform ideas and processes to address climate change. Tailored for the building professional but everyone is welcome. To see all events in the series, click here for a flyer.
- Green Specs: The Why, The How, Do It Now (1.25 AIA LU|HSW)
- Jun 18 2021
- 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm