Virtual: Energy Storage Systems, DER, and Decarbonization (1 LU)
In this Education Committee webinar, Eric Mannarino from the Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI) will discuss energy storage systems, DER, and decarbonization, along with its involvement in the utility industry–and the perspective that comes from that. He will also touch on the Storage-VET and DER-VET software that EPRI has produced to model energy storage systems (both BTM and FTM).
About the speaker:
Eric works as a Principal Project Engineer deploying energy storage demonstration projects for the Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI) in Palo Alto. His primary project work oversees the integration of behind-the-meter distributed energy resources and energy storage systems as well as distribution-connected (front-of-the-meter) battery
energy storage systems. His expertise in the field of efficient and resilient energy systems has been built through the conception, design, and construction of distributed energy systems, microgrids, and critical power systems. Eric’s recent research topics include transportable microgrids, system protection, and the application of energy storage to critical infrastructure. Eric is registered as a Professional Engineer in California and holds an MS and BS in Electrical Engineering as well as a BA in Business Economics, all from the University of California, Irvine.
- Attendees will learn about the roles of short and long duration energy storage in renewable integration
- Attendees will be introduced to value stacking and how those can be applied to energy storage
- Attendees will learn how energy storage systems can affect a building’s energy (and carbon) intensity
- Attendees will learn about the importance of building electrification for decarbonization
- Green Specs: The Why, The How, Do It Now (1.25 AIA LU|HSW)
- Jun 18 2021
- 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm