Monday, August 27 – Friday, August 31, 2018
Cost: Non-Affiliates $395 / CCPOA $350 / COH Employees $195
Location: City of Hayward Public Library, 888 C Street, Hayward (near Hayward BART)
Click here to register.
Cities and Counties throughout the country are adopting CPTED ordinances requiring site plan reviews with crime prevention in mind. Law enforcement officers and crime prevention specialists who are specifically trained in CPTED are now working closely with Planners, Architects, City Officials, and Educators to ensure the proper design of structures, schools, and neighborhoods. This program is provided by NICP, Inc.
FEATURING · CPTED Strategies · Design Out Crime · Writing a CPTED Ordinance · Lighting for Safety · Understanding Site Plans · Field Assessments
1. How the design and use of the environment can control human/criminal behavior and reduce the fear of crime
2. How natural access control and natural surveillance decrease the opportunity for crime
3. How different aspects of lighting impact human behavior and other design strategies
4. Participants will work together on a site survey and provide a group presentation of their results using CPTED strategies
5. Learn the advantages of having a CPTED ordinance and how to construct and present one to lawmakers
For Course Description/Agenda/Instructor Information click here.