What are Home Tours?
The AIA East Bay Chapter aims to promote the design excellence of living environments by showcasing innovative thinking and design solutions, around the following general topics:
Design: Creative housing solutions to address lack of affordable housing, community-inclusive approach to problem-solving
Technology: Off-grid and self-sufficient buildings, next-generation sustainable materials, low-impact building processes
Impacts: Sacred reciprocity between the built and the natural environments, multi-generational living, aging in place, community spaces
- Call for Submissions: Thursday, April 22 2021
- Application deadline: Thursday, June 10 2021, 5:00pm
- Architects of selected homes will be notified the week of June 24th and announced publicly the week of July 1st.
- Two Mandatory Architect Meetings: July 12 at 5:00pm and August 2 at 5:00pm
- Virtual Home Tours available for public viewing: August 14th, & August 21st