DAHLIN is a growing architecture and planning firm of 150+ multi-cultural professionals with offices in California and Washington. We offer more than 40 years of experience building communities where we live and work, driven by the vision of creating places that promote human fulfillment and well-being. This same Passion for Place® starts with our own working environment—a positive community where people thrive. Please visit our website (www.dahlingroup.com) to learn more.
We are currently seeking an ARCHITECTURAL JOB CAPTAIN to join the team in our PLEASANTON, CA office. Working under the guidance of a senior project team member, this person will be responsible for specific technical design aspects of an assigned major project, or several small projects, including the investigation, evaluation, and recommendation of design solutions that best meets the client’s needs. Experience in Residential Housing is preferred.
- Provide professional architectural consultation from the end of Design Development through building permit submittal and Construction Administration
- Apply advanced architectural concepts and designs
- Review drawings and designs to ensure adherence to established specifications and standards
- Monitor budgets and schedules and maintain project documentation
- Submit reports and specifications as requested
- Maintain positive working relationships with clients, outside consultants and technical staff
- Supervision of technical staff and redlining others’ work may be required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, &ABILITIES
- Proficient in building codes, understanding different product types and how the code determines how the buildings are constructed.
- Strong skills in production of construction drawings, start to finish
- Strong skills and talent in SketchUp modeling, AutoCAD, and Revit/BIM; Adobe Design Suite experience preferred
- Experience working in construction phases of projects
- Self-motivated; ability to work independently and in a team environment to coordinate with other design professionals
- Excellent problem solver and independent thinker with good listening skills and strong follow through
- Excellent graphic, communication, organizational, and collaborative skills
- Able to effectively and positively provide direction and lead architectural staff
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, & CERTIFICATION:
- 3+ years’ experience, with at least 1 year as a job captain required.
- Graduate of a NAAB accredited 4 or 5 year architecture school
- Commitment to their own professional growth; preferably to obtaining licensure as an architect.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without any restrictions or visa sponsorship.
Qualified candidates are invited to apply online at www.dahlingroup.com/careers. Including a link to an online portfolio is a huge plus! Real people review every application, so we regret that due to the large volume of inquiries, we are unable to accept phone calls regarding the status of applications. We’ll be sure to contact you if we need more information. Apply now!
Non-local candidates will be considered. However, DAHLIN may or may not offer relocation benefits depending on business needs. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer. Sponsorship for an employment visa, now or in the future, is not available for this position.
We do not accept resumes from recruiters, placement agencies, or other staffing vendors who have not signed an agreement with us. Unsolicited resumes will be ineligible for referral fees.
DAHLIN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify.