Website Bull Stockwell Allen
Designing exceptional environments for life.
In many of the most beautiful natural environments, Bull Stockwell Allen has mastered our signature site-specific architectural style by conceiving environmentally thoughtful architecture as part of our overall design process. Inspired by our spectacular project locales, we design meaningful environments to facilitate outdoor adventure with a deep understanding of the mountain lifestyle. Bull Stockwell Allen is an award-winning architecture firm with nationally acclaimed expertise in the mountain resort, hospitality and recreation project field.
Our people are the key to our success. We are a collaborative office environment who understand the best design solutions come from a diversity of viewpoints and expertise. We are committed to producing top notch work, while understanding that our designs are most successful when balanced with a rich and fulfilling personal life.
SENIOR INTERIOR DESIGNER
The position of Senior Interior Designer contributes to our success by overseeing the execution of all phases of design and project management for our hospitality projects. The designer will be expected to produce a visual representation of the concept and communicate the Interior Designer Director’s objectives both orally and visually. The designer will be expected to manage all project-related tasks, client meetings and contractor coordination working directly with the Interior Design Director and Project Architect/Manager, collaborating with fellow studio members, clients and consultants. This position may require travel.
- Ability to interface and lead the design team effectively on the conception and design development of multiple projects to meet milestones within client program and budget constraints.
- Act as liaison between Interior Design Director and Project Architect/Manager and design team during design process to review scope, schedule, budget, staffing needs, preparing project cost & fee analysis and review project billing
- Review in collaboration with Interior Design Director all documents to ensure they meet design intent, client vision and BSA standards. Ensure deliverables are submitted per the project contractual agreement.
Direct and participate in the preparation of all design documents including:
- Design Decks: presentation and development of any means required to communicate the design concept including mood boards, renderings including 2D and 3D drawing views, FF&E selections
- Contract Documents: construction drawing documents and specifications including finishes, FF&E, hardware & plumbing selections, custom specifications drawings
- Archiving: Finish boards and/or boxes, FF&E binders
- Lead team in performing field visits/measurements and construction administration services including site visits, directing the response to submittals and RFIs, reviewing control samples and shop drawings, coordinating with consultants, manufacturers, and contractors, and completing punch list.
- Direct and mentor Intermediate Designers
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Architecture or Interior Design degree, accredited 4 year program at a minimum
- Minimum 7 years of experience in hospitality design or accomplished skill level
- Strong conceptual design experience and managing the implementation of a design concept in a team environment through completion that is on schedule and budget
- Comprehensive knowledge of hospitality design standards with an experienced understanding of hospitality operations
- Proven organizational abilities and attention to detail with the ability to work on multiple projects across various phases
- Strong experience in management and coordination of construction drawing sets with knowledge of commercial construction detailing, materials, methods, and codes: fire safety codes, ADA codes, and applicable codes for textiles, furnishings, and finishes
- Strong experience in management and coordination of FF&E specification deliverables/implementation through available vendors and fabricators
- Proficiency in Revit is preferred, AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, Bluebeam, SPEXX or Spec Sources, Sketch Up, and MS Office and other industry standard programs
- Collaborative, self-motivated, positive, and flexible with strong verbal and written communication and must be comfortable interfacing with clients, consultants, vendors and internal staff
- Strong interest in continuing education and studio development & growth.
This position is full time, and with full Healthcare, Vision & Dental Coverage, 401(k), Pre-Tax Flexible Spending Account, Commuter Benefits, Hybrid Work Schedule, and PTO including paid holidays. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If interested, please submit your CV and portfolio of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org with Senior Interior Designer in your subject heading.