DAHLIN is a diverse architecture and planning firm practice of 160+ multi-cultural professionals with offices in California and Washington. We offer more than 40 years of experience building communities where we live and work, driven by the vision of creating places that promote human fulfillment and well-being. This same Passion for Place® starts with our own working environment—a positive community where people thrive. Please visit our website (www.dahlingroup.com) to learn more.
We are currently seeking an ARCHITECTURAL DESIGNER/DRAFTER to join our team in our PLEASANTON, CA office. Working under the general guidance of a senior project team member, our ideal candidate should fully understand all common aspects of architecture. This person will be responsible for producing and coordinating project design and/or construction documents of projects, and will also assist project teams and other staff members as directed.
- Independently perform a variety of assignments, requiring skills in all conventional aspects of architectural designs
- Coordinate and follow through between plans, elevations, sections, roofs and details
- Perform analyses of design, planning and occupancy studies, and limited design layouts
- Prepare project specifications, compiling and analyzing relevant data
- Review completed reports, plans, estimates, and calculations
- Review drawings and designs to ensure adherence to established specifications and standards
- Respond to outside consultants, as directed
- Submit reports and specifications, as requested
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Strong skills and talent in SketchUp modeling, Revit/BIM, and AutoCAD; Adobe Design Suite experience preferred
- Growing awareness of building code limitations
- Willingness to work on a variety of building typologies and architectural styles
- Self-motivated; ability to work independently and in a team environment to coordinate and maintain positive working relationships with other design professionals
- Excellent problem solver and independent thinker with good listening skills and strong follow-through
- Excellent graphic, communication, organizational, and collaborative skills
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS:
- 1-3 years’ experience in the production of multi-family or commercial projects preferred.
- Graduate of NAAB accredited 4 or 5 year architecture school
- Commitment to their own professional growth; preferably to obtaining licensure as an architect
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without any restrictions or visa sponsorship
We offer a competitive compensation package based on experience and qualifications. Excellent benefits include medical, dental, and vision coverage. We also offer the opportunity to participate in a pre-tax Flexible Spending plan, Employee Stock Ownership Plan, and 401k.
Qualified candidates are invited to apply online at www.dahlingroup.com/careers. Including a link to an online portfolio is a huge plus! Real people review every application, so we regret that due to the large volume of inquiries, we are unable to accept phone calls regarding the status of applications. We’ll be sure to contact you if we need more information. Apply now!
DAHLIN is committed to welcoming and supporting a diverse community of professionals. As such, women and people of color are especially encouraged to apply.
In response to COVID-19, DAHLIN follows all COVID-19 mandates, including health screenings, vaccinations and masking indoors as required.
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer. Sponsorship for an employment visa, now or in the future, is not available for this position.
We do not accept resumes from recruiters, placement agencies, or other staffing vendors who have not signed an agreement with us. Unsolicited resumes will be ineligible for referral fees.
DAHLIN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify.