DAHLIN is a diverse architecture and planning firm practice of 160+ multi-cultural professionals with offices in California and Washington. We offer more than 40 years of experience building communities where we live and work, driven by the vision of creating places that promote human fulfillment and well-being. This same Passion for Place® starts with our own working environment—a positive community where people thrive. Please visit our website (www.dahlingroup.com) to learn more.
We are currently seeking a PROJECT ARCHITECT to join the team in our PLEASANTON, CA office. This experienced professional is a fully competent architect in all conventional aspects of architecture, responsible for specific technical design aspects of an assigned major project, or several small projects, including investigation, evaluation and recommendation of design solutions that best meets the client’s needs.
- Provides professional architectural consultation from Schematic Design through building permit submittal and Construction Administration
- Working knowledge of jurisdictional zoning and land use codes; understands different product types and how the code determines how a building will be constructed
- Monitors budgets and maintains project documentation
- Independently applies advanced architectural concepts and designs
- Submits reports and specifications as requested
- Reviews drawings and designs to ensure adherence to established specifications and standards
- May provide technical guidance to less experiences staff and can redline others’ work
- Has client and outside consultant contact
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Substantial experience in developing details and providing technical and design support in the preparation of Design Development for all project types; low-density housing preferred
- Strong knowledge of code and demonstrated awareness of code limitations
- Excellent communication, organizational, and collaborative skills
- Self-motivated; ability to work independently and in a team environment to coordinate and maintain positive working relationships with other technical staff, outside consultants, and clients
- Able to effectively and positively provide direction and lead architectural staff
- Strong skills and talent in SketchUp modeling, AutoCAD, and Revit/BIM
- Must be able to handle multiple concurrent projects and/or deadlines
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE,EDUCATION, & CERTIFICATION:
- Licensed & Registered Architect in the state of CA
- 5+ years of experience
- Graduate of NAAB accredited 4 or 5 year architecture school
- Commitment to their own professional growth
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without any restrictions or visa sponsorship
We offer a competitive compensation package based on experience and qualifications. Excellent benefits include medical, dental, and vision coverage. We also offer the opportunity to participate in a pre-tax Flexible Spending plan, Employee Stock Ownership Plan, and 401k.
Qualified candidates are invited to apply online at www.dahlingroup.com/careers. Including a link to an online portfolio is a huge plus! Real people review every application, so we regret that due to the large volume of inquiries, we are unable to accept phone calls regarding the status of applications. We’ll be sure to contact you if we need more information. Apply now!
DAHLIN is committed to welcoming and supporting a diverse community of professionals. As such, women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
In response to COVID-19, DAHLIN follows all COVID-19 mandates, including health screenings, vaccinations, and masking indoors as required.