DAHLIN is a growing architecture and planning firm of 150+ multi-cultural professionals with offices in California and Washington. We offer more than 40 years of experience building communities where we live and work, driven by the vision of creating places that promote human fulfillment and well-being. This same Passion for Place® starts with our own working environment—a positive community where people thrive. Please visit our website (www.dahlingroup.com) to learn more.
We are currently seeking a PROJECT ASSISTANT/COORDINATOR II to join our PLEASANTON, CA office. Under minimal supervision this administrative professional will coordinate activities concerned with project administration and support Project Managers in the areas of communication, documentation and standardization. Provide consistency in the delivery of projects across sectors and geographic regions, as well as improve the quality of deliverables. The Project Assistant/Coordinator will provide administrative support to principals, project teams and staff as needed including preparing reports and documents, editing project specifications, travel arrangements, invoice coding, copying, filing, meeting coordination and other administrative tasks.
- Assist Principals and Project Managers with preparing and tracking project schedules, budgets, and billing.
- Manage project correspondence; provide support to Project Managers with construction administration to ensure submittals, RFIs, PRs, ASIs, Change Orders and ensure contract completion documents are recorded and documented properly for project team members to review.
- Review Prime Agreement and Subcontract Agreements, Copy Agreements, Scope, and Schedule; prepare and coordinate amendments as needed.
- Coordinate, track, and process subconsultant invoices in collaboration with Project and Accounting Teams.
- Attend meetings and prepare draft meeting minutes for PM approval.
- Coordinate project documents for reproduction & distribution.
- Receive and review all incoming construction correspondence / submittals and forward or respond as necessary under direction of Project Manager.
- Prepare, track, edit and execute all project proposals.
- Assist in project set-up and tracking revenue in Ajera.
- Review and coordinate project closeout documents.
- Provide administrative support to principals, directors, project teams and staff, proactively anticipating needs and ensuring completion of tasks. These duties include, but are not limited to, preparation of reports and documents, travel arrangements, scheduling of events and meetings, and full cycle expense report reimbursements, all done in a timely manner with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Create, proof and edit complex documents, proposals, presentations, and spreadsheets in a timely manner with attention to detail and accuracy.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, & ABILITIES:
- Professional demeanor, service oriented with a friendly, flexible and positive attitude.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office (MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Proven punctuality and reliable attendance.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others and communicate effectively with individuals at all levels.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail; ability to manage a task from start to finish.
- Initiative in communications and problem solving.
- Sound work ethics and the highest level of integrity; ability to handle highly confidential matters with discretion.
- Knowledge of contract management preferred.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS:
- B.A. degree and 5 or more years relevant experience, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Prior experience supporting executives of a mid to large sized company.
- Work in a creative or professional services environment supporting multiple leaders.
- Experience working with an Architecture or Engineering firm a plus.
- Must be legally authorized to work for any employer in the United States without any restrictions or visa sponsorship.
We offer a competitive compensation package based on experience and qualifications. Excellent benefits include medical, dental, and vision coverage. We also offer the opportunity to participate in a pre-tax Flexible Spending plans for medical, childcare, and commuter expenses, Employee Stock Ownership Plan, and 401k.
Qualified candidates are invited to apply online at www.dahlingroup.com/careers. Real people review every application, so we regret that due to the large volume of inquiries, we are unable to accept phone calls regarding the status of applications. We’ll be sure to contact you if we need more information. Apply now!