Website David Baker Architect
NOTE: This position is open to candidates in both the San Francisco Bay Area and Birmingham, Alabama.
David Baker Architects is a collaborative team of optimistic designers and architects committed to leading with expertise, curiosity, tenacity, pragmatism, and joy.
DBA won the 2020 AIA California Firm Award and is a national leader in affordable housing and innovative sustainable design. We are driven to create people-focused multifamily housing designs that support and uplift communities.
We are a JUST organization and a 7-year signatory of the AIA 2030 Commitment. We pursue projects that have the power to build, transform, and reflect the character and strength of a community, and we focus on equity and social justice in both our practice and our workplace culture.
DBA is headquartered in San Francisco, with an office and fabrication shop in Oakland, California, and a growing base in Birmingham, Alabama.
We are seeking a talented and engaged licensed architect or architectural designer to join us in Birmingham or the San Francisco Bay Area. This position offers a great opportunity to design and manage projects from concept through completion and to work with highly engaged colleagues committed to being a “multiplier of good”—doing work that creates a ripple outward of positive effects. Experience in multifamily housing design and sustainable design is a plus.
We are looking for someone with:
- 5-10 years professional architectural experience
- Proven track record of fully managing at least one project—ideally from start to completion—including
- managing staff, consultant teams, and client relationships
- Strong technical command of how buildings come together and successful experience with the building permitting process
- Experience or interest in multifamily housing design, public interest design, and/or sustainable design
- Strong design and graphics skills, including hand sketching
- Working knowledge of RevitThis is a full-time position based in either the San Francisco Bay Area or Birmingham, Alabama. Our firm is extremely collaborative, working across offices as one seamless team. Currently the majority of staff are following a hybrid model of part time in-office/part-time remote work. DBA has had success with this hybrid model and plans to support a flexible approach to work indefinitely. The ability to join teams at the office or on site periodically is strongly preferred.
Salary commensurate with experience. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including: 10 paid holidays as well as 15 days of PTO; 100% paid individual medical coverage; a 401(k) program; a profit-sharing plan; continuing education/tuition reimbursement; parental leave; and an annual firm retreat.
You can learn more about us and our work at www.dbarchitect.com.