PYATOK is seeking a full-time Designer with experience and/or interest in multi-family housing design.
PYATOK is an award-winning, nationally recognized leader in the design of multi-family affordable, senior, market-rate, student, and special needs housing, as well as mixed-use development and master planning. We succeed because our team has a shared passion for delivering high-quality design to the communities we serve.
Our collaborative style of management and culture includes a pedagogical commitment to mentorship, including weekly in-house professional development sessions and annual stipends for continuing education. Our design philosophy and team structures reflect our goal of nurturing “complete” architects. Without the constraints inherent with a studio or department structure, our team members develop their own portfolios of diverse skills and assume ownership of their projects. In addition, this approach dovetails with our expectation that team members actively participate in various aspects of our firm’s operations and management.
Our physical office is conveniently located between 12th and 19th Street BART stations in an increasingly dynamic downtown Oakland. However, during the current shelter in place order, we have been supporting remote work. We offer competitive salaries and benefits (medical and dental, holidays, PTO and 401(k) with matching) in addition to a collaborative, healthy, and vibrant work environment.
Qualifications and experience:
- Professional degree in architecture (Bachelor or Master of Architecture from an accredited program in the US)
- 1-5 years of experience in architecture
- Strong design and planning skills
- Project-related REVIT experience; fluency preferred
- Good organizational, analytical and communications skills
- Familiarity with architectural theory and terminology
- Conscientious attention to details
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment with changing priorities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Commitment to licensure preferred
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, MS Office and Sketch-Up
- Willingness to pitch in and assist where needed in a team-oriented culture
Other combinations of education and experience will be considered. Salary depends upon experience.
If you believe you could thrive surrounded by people who are passionate and committed to their work and community, who enjoy the company of their colleagues, who value having a voice in the conversation, and who find moments of levity amidst the serious pursuit of excellence, then we invite you to reach out and tell us about yourself and why you think you would be a valuable addition to our team.
To apply, please send your cover letter, including salary requirements, resume, relevant work samples, and references (PDF format) to firstname.lastname@example.org using Designer in the subject line.
PYATOK is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
No telephone calls please / Local Applicants Only