Website Drafting Cafe Architects
Greetings! Drafting Cafe Architects is an Oakland-based architecture firm that specializes in residential remodels and additions around the Bay Area. We are looking to hire a Senior Project Architect to manage production of our drawing sets beyond Design Development. This would include Construction Docs, custom details, proper implementation of the CRC, and responding to plan check comments. While we are a Mac and Vectorworks-based office, we have a CAD team that would manage the majority of drafting tasks. The ability to create quick and clear sketches and CAD ability is a prerequisite of this position, but a knowledge of Vectorworks is not.
Our Senior Project Architect would also be responsible for managing larger residential and occasionally commercial projects from time to time.
The Senior Project Architect is responsible for:
– Applying knowledge of the California Residential Code (CRC) and CBC
– Reviewing final drawing sets for errors and/or omissions
– Applying knowledge of Type V construction and developing appropriate details
– Delegating drafting tasks to the CAD team, reviewing their work, and providing redlines/edits
– Working with our Project Managers to maintain deadlines and milestones
– Answering technical code and construction questions from our team
– Interfacing with clients/contractors when our Project Managers need experienced architectural support
Our firm has been providing quality residential design in the San Francisco Bay Area for over 9 years. Because we only work on residential remodels and additions, our firm is modeled differently than most architecture offices. Job positions in our office are specific to the part of the project each person works on. We work closely as a team. Our office is a relaxed atmosphere and we put a focus on our office culture.
Our office is in the heart of the Fruitvale district, just two blocks from BART. Red Bay coffee, Ale Industries tap room, and hard-to-beat Mexican restaurants/taco trucks are all nearby. We have a secure parking lot and building.
Compensation is competitive. We offer full health insurance, 401k plan, PTO and we close our office for a week before the New Year.
Please send your resume/portfolio in PDF format only, along with an introduction of yourself in the body of your e-mail. Sharing your personal ambitions and hobbies is welcome!