Framestudio is a design driven boutique architecture studio based in the East Bay. We are looking for a talented Intermediate Designer with 5 years experience in the hospitality field to join our growing team.
Our projects cover a broad spectrum : a hotel with individual cabins as guest rooms, ground up high-performance homes, and restorations of iconic 20th-century homes locally and at The Sea Ranch. When compared to other local studios, our work tends to be innovative, both in design and construction. Each member of our staff participates in all aspects of a project, getting hands-on experience working with unique materials and cutting-edge building technology.
Framestudio’s award-winning portfolio has garnered attention from the likes of Dezeen, ArchDaily, Dwell as well as many others.
The role of Intermediate Designer focuses on design, 3D rendering and production. You will report directly to the project architect. We are looking for good design and production skills, along with high levels of independent organization and time management.
- BA in Architecture, BArch or MArch Degree.
- 5 years of residential or hospitality experience.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD LT, Revit, Sketchup and Adobe CS. We use PC and Mac-based platforms.
- The ability to put together a set of drawings for permitting.
- Modeling and rendering skills.
- Familiar with local building codes and experience preparing planning and permit sets for submission to Bay Area municipalities.
- Ability to multitask on multiple projects, prioritize, and manage tasks against deadlines and other metrics.
- Follow-through and resourcefulness are necessary attributes to have in this challenging construction climate.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and are willing to travel to projects out of the immediate area.
- The ability to communicate confidently and clearly in English both spoken and in writing.
- The ability to legally work within the United States. Framestudio is unable to sponsor foreign nationals at this time.
Why work with Framestudio?
Careers in architecture can be rewarding but demanding. Framestudio has set out to develop a culture of balance within the firm, placing value on your time outside the office, as well as inside.
- Competitive salaries based on experience
- The opportunity to grow within the firm
- We are currently working remotely, with partial work from home work week in our future.
- 100% employer sponsored health insurance
- Performance and referral bonuses
- Combined PTO
- Annual stipend for professional development
- Commuter benefits
- Retail discount program
If this sounds like you, please send your CV, cover letter & portfolio examples to us in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.