Website HKIT Architects
ABOUT HKIT ARCHITECTS
HKIT Architects is a leading Northern California design firm based in downtown Oakland which has been servicing the Bay Area for over 70 years. Join our dynamic, diverse office of 55+ professional staff dedicated to the design and client relationships. The firm is well-known for its award-winning work with schools, churches, affordable housing, senior housing and other community and civic based work throughout the Bay Area and California. HKIT is committed to architecture that enriches the community and the environment.
For more information view our website: www.hkit.com
HKIT Architects is seeking an intermediate project architect with 8 – 15 years’ experience including 8+ years’ experience on K-12 public schools in California. We value creativity, attention to detail and a high level of client service; we also value teamwork, clear decision making, excellent communication skills, follow through and the ability to work with multiple projects and meet rolling deadlines. This is a dynamic position with tremendous professional growth potential. Our office uses mainly Revit for new construction and AutoCAD for renovation or smaller type projects, experience with both is a requirement.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Bachelor or Master of Architecture from an accredited school
- Licensed Architect
- LEED AP or Well AP or similar accreditation a plus
- Understanding of design for sustainability, high-performance low-resource use, low carbon, and wellness as well as related design tools
- Experience with sustainable building systems such as LEED BD+C or Collaborative for High Performance Schools is a plus
- Strong design and excellent verbal, written, and graphic communication skills
- Curiosity, Willingness to learn, and Ability to work independently
- Proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD, Sketchup, Adobe Creative Suite, and Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to produce presentation deliverables using AutoCAD, REVIT, Adobe Creative Suite, and Sketchup
- Experience in conceptual, schematic design, design development, construction documents, and construction administration
- Experience with community and stakeholder engagement during design process on California public K12 schools
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
HKIT Architects offers competitive compensation and rich benefit offerings including fully paid employee medical, dental & vision insurance, life, LTD & STD insurance, FSA and 401k plans. Compensation is dependent on experience & education.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your resume and portfolio with the subject: Intermediate Project Architect