Jax Kneppers Associates
Jax Kneppers Associates, (JKA), A Childress Company was founded in 1989 with the goal to be the foremost Construction Consulting firm on the west coast. Our mission is to bring real solutions to complex problems by providing rational solutions. JKA has a dedicated team of Construction Consultants with a wide range of specialized skills that has allowed us to provide solutions and resolutions to over 3,900 projects which include single family dwellings, multi-family housing, low rise, high rise, commercial, institutional, and industrial buildings. Our services include building envelope design, architectural design, forensic engineering, structural engineering, schedule analysis, cost estimating and planning management.
JKA is a member of the Childress Companies family, including Childress Engineering Services (CES) a national engineering and consulting firm headquartered in Dallas, Texas. CES has been in existence for more than 25 years and is known throughout the construction industry as experts in residential and commercial designs, building consultancy and architectural/structural engineering. With more than 120 employees in 4 locations, CES is a technical leader throughout the construction industry.
JKA is seeking an energetic and self-motivated Architectural Associate for our Walnut Creek, California office. We prefer candidates with drafting experience in architecture and are familiar with the California Building Codes. Over-qualified candidates and/or licensed professionals are also welcome to apply as there are multiple open positions. The ability to wear a hard hat, access crawl spaces and roof tops, and make quick hand sketches is very helpful.
- Draft quality plans and details using Revit and AutoCad
- Prepare construction documents from hand-drawn sketches or red lines
- Maintain organized production of a construction document set
- Field observation as needed
- Experience in Revit, AutoCad, and/or SketchUp. (Note, we offer Revit training for experienced architectural drafters looking to expand their skills.)
- Excellent collaborative and communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- A degree in architecture, engineering, or building science technology is preferred.
- Interest and/or experience in building construction
- Minimum 2-5 years’ experience.
- Driver’s license and automobile insurance must be in good and current standing.
We offer an environment that is rich in growth, development, and broad industry recognition. We have an excellent benefit plan which includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, long term disability, paid time off (PTO), holidays, and retirement plans with a company match.
If this interests you, please email information (resume / curriculum vitae / experience / education / licenses). No phone calls please.