INTERMEDIATE INTERIOR DESIGNER, 5-10 YEARS’ EXPERIENCE
Noll & Tam Architects is a women-owned, 42-person, award-winning architectural firm in West Berkeley celebrating 28 years in business. Public projects are our focus: libraries and other community and civic facilities, higher education and K-12 schools, healthcare, and workplace interior design and space planning. We also work on animal care and zoo, science and technology, and transit projects. Our firm culture is collaborative, team-based and friendly. We value making meaningful contributions to our clients, our community, and our environment. Noll & Tam hires to keep: almost half of our employees have been with us for more than 10 years. We pride ourselves on developing talent from within and are actively looking for candidates who are interested in growing with us.
We are seeking a person with 5 to 10 years of experience who is interested in working on a diverse range of projects and taking on a variety of roles and responsibilities.
Requirements for the position include:
– Bachelors degree in Interior Architecture, Interior Design, or Architecture from an
– Working experience with Revit in an office environment
– Graphic skills (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
– Rendering skills (Revit Cloud, SketchUp, Lumion, etc.)
– Good technical design and detailing skills
– Knowledge of the CBC and accessibility codes
– Knowledge of commercial furniture dealers and manufacturers
– Experience with researching and selecting interior finish materials
– Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
– Experience with Healthcare design
It would be a plus if you also have:
– Construction administration experience
– Experience with selecting furniture for commercial projects, including systems furniture
– Intermediate or advanced BIM skills
– LEED Accreditation
– The ability to start immediately
We might be a good fit for you if:
– You are frustrated by the lack of long-term growth potential at your current firm
– You are looking for better work-life balance
– You live in the East Bay and are tired of commuting to San Francisco
– You’d like to be part of a fun and hard-working group that enjoys what they do and the people they do it with.
This is a full-time position. Benefits include 9 paid holidays, vacation, sick leave, medical and dental insurance, long- and short-term disability insurance, FSA, transit reimbursement, professional development allowance, testing reimbursement, and 401(k) plan.
Please submit your cover letter with a salary range request, resume, design portfolio, and references in a single PDF attachment by email. Please limit size to 10MB. No phone calls, please.
Design Portfolio should include:
– Examples of design process (diagrams, sketches, graphics, etc.)
– Renderings you have done (do not submit renderings done by others)
– Working drawings showing knowledge of detailing, materials, and document organization
– Balance of design and technical content
– Portfolio should be well organized and show your ability to communicate visually