PYATOK is seeking a full-time Project Architect with at least 10 years’ experience that includes a minimum of 3 years as Project Architect to work in our Oakland office location; this is not a remote position. The ideal candidate will have substantial experience in multi-family housing, including podium construction types (Type-III and Type-V wood, Type-I and II steel and concrete). Additional desirable experience includes high-rise, urban planning and community-based design.
PYATOK is an award-winning, nationally recognized leader in the design of multi-family affordable, senior, market-rate, student, and special needs housing, as well as mixed-use development and master planning. We succeed because our team has a shared passion for delivering high-quality design to the communities we serve. Our collaborative style of management and culture includes a pedagogical commitment to mentorship, including weekly in-house professional development sessions and annual stipends for continuing education. Without the constraints inherent with a studio or department structure, our team members develop their own portfolios of diverse skills and assume ownership of their projects. In addition, this approach dovetails with our expectation that team members actively participate in various aspects of our firm’s operations and management. Our physical office is conveniently located between 12th and 19th Street BART stations in an increasingly dynamic downtown Oakland. We offer competitive salaries and benefits (medical, dental and vision; holidays; PTO and 401(k) with company matching) in addition to a collaborative, healthy, and vibrant work environment.
Qualifications and experience needed:
- Professional Architecture Degree (Bachelor or Master of Architecture from an accredited program in the US)
- Excellent design skills including presentation, conceptual design, and design development
- Excellent technical skills and thorough understanding of materials and construction detailing and methods
- Demonstrated ability to take projects from programming through construction phase
- Excellent verbal, written and graphic communications skills with teams, clients, and consultants and in public presentations
- Strong interest in educating and mentoring younger team members
- CA Licensed Architect or significant progress toward achieving licensure
- Ability to work on multiple concurrent projects
- Fluent in Revit; proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, MS Office and Sketch-Up
- Knowledge and application of LEED and Green Point Rating systems
- Knowledge and application of California Building Codes and ADA requirements
Other combinations of education and experience may be considered. Salary depends upon experience.
If you believe you could thrive surrounded by people who are passionate and committed to their work and community, who enjoy the company of their colleagues, who value having a voice in the conversation, and who find moments of levity amidst the serious pursuit of excellence, then we invite you to reach out and tell us about yourself and why you think you would be a valuable addition to our team.
To apply, please send your cover letter, including salary requirements, resume, relevant work samples, and references (PDF format) to firstname.lastname@example.org using Project Architect in the subject line. Only complete applications will be considered.
PYATOK is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
No telephone calls please / Local Applicants Only