Website William Duff Architects
William Duff Architects (WDA) is looking for a Project Manager with 7 years of experience to join our Residential Practice. We are an award-winning, inclusive architecture firm, comprised of bright, creative, motivated people. Built as a people-based practice, we were recognized as the only architecture firm to make it on the San Francisco Business Times Best Places to Work List (2020). With capabilities in multiple sectors, we specialize in residential, workplace, hospitality and retail across the Bay Area and beyond. We offer competitive salaries, full benefits, a transit-friendly brand-new workplace, and opportunities for professional growth.
WDA is passionate about serving our clients through the creation of innovating, sustainable architecture delivered through excellent project management.
- Communication – We believe sharing ideas in a respectful, collaborative environment is essential to success.
- Creativity – We overcome challenges through unique and innovative solutions.
- Transparency – We conduct our work with openness, honesty and integrity.
- Excellence – We strive for excellence in all facets of our work.
- Growth – We promote the continuous improvement of our firm, projects, processes and people.
- Competitive salaries based on experience
- 100% employer sponsored health, dental, vision & life insurance
- 401K retirement plan
- Profit Sharing (401K)
- Combined PTO
- 9 paid holidays (includes 2 floating holidays)
- Annual stipend for professional development
- Mentorship program
- Architectural licensure support – AXP & ARE
- Ergonomic sit-stand workstations
- Quarterly office outings
- Summer hours
- Weekly happy hours
- In-house bicycle parking and shower
- Commuter benefits
- Retail discount program
Qualifications and Skills:
- 7 or more years of experience working in an architecture office with three years in the designing and managing of high-end residential projects.
- Proven ability to effectively manage, motivate and lead a project team
- Strong design ability as representative in sketches, renderings or other means.
- Proficiency with BIM software (Revit strongly preferred).
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, MS Office, Adobe Creative Suite and Bluebeam.
- Knowledge of green building technologies, products and net-zero design strategies.
- Experience and/or interest in participating in business development and marketing activities.
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Architecture from an accredited college, university or equivalent ineducation or experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Licensure preferred, preferably in California. LEED AP certification encouraged.
- Work closely with Practice Manager to manage multiple active small to mid-sized projects, set-up project and establish project goals, prepare work plan, and assess staffing needs.
- Manage document production by developing design and technical drawings, and research relevant information with team.
- Manage and prepare sketches and concepts with team, and develop project design with Practice Manager and Principal.
- Ensure that project conforms to contractual agreement with client.
- Provide technical expertise for effective detailing and constructability.
- Manage project schedule and budget to ensure profitability and completion on time.
- Conduct code and product research with team, and manage the permitting and agency approvals process.
- Manage the bidding and negotiation process, and assist the client in evaluation of submitted bids.
- Implement quality assurance/quality control processes to reduce risks and exposure in all phases of the project.
- Direct and manage Construction Observation activities, including scheduling, review of shop drawings, field observations, review of change orders, and review of contractor pay requests.
- Review project invoices and expenses.
- Participate in business development and marketing activities.
- Delegate project work, mentor and motivate team members.
- Manages and conducts in-person meetings or work and site visits based on project needs.
- We are currently working remote but plan to return to the office once it is safe to do.
Please submit the following in PDF form by email to firstname.lastname@example.org (not to exceed 4MB), and include the job title in the subject line:
- A cover letter articulating why you could be a good fit at WDA, and a bit about your personal design inspirations and aspirations
- Relevant work samples
- How you heard about WDA
No drop-in visits or phone calls, please. WDA is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer (AA/EOE). Candidates must be eligible to work full time in the United States. Immigration or work visa sponsorship will not be provided.