Join Ratcliff to discover what’s important, imagine the potential, and design for extraordinary outcomes.
Ratcliff’s academic practice is well-recognized as a regional leader in the planning and design of public and private higher education facilities and independent K-12 schools. We are looking for an Academic Project Manager who demonstrates a comprehensive understanding of higher education and K-12 architecture and significant experience leading the design and development of such projects.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Leading internal and external project teams on the design and production of a variety of academic projects
- Serving as the client’s key point of contact and managing client relationships
- Ensuring alignment and understanding of scope and maintaining the budget while supporting the technical development of projects
- Developing and executing managed project workplans
- Mentoring project team members to increase breadth of experience and knowledge
- Orchestrating design, production and client relationships to achieve extraordinary outcomes
- Lending opinion and support to the overall direction of the Academic Practice
Who We’re Looking For
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in the technical production of architectural projects
- Experience in DSA-oriented project work
- Bachelor’s degree; B Arch or M Arch desired
- Knowledge of California Building Codes and ADA
- Architectural licensure desired, LEED accreditation a plus
- Desire and interest in presenting at interviews or professional organization conferences
- Strong presentation skills and exceptional graphic abilities using Revit, SketchUp, AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Cloud, Bluebeam Revu, and Microsoft Office
- Candidates must have legal working status in the U.S. as Ratcliff will not be sponsoring work visas at this time
Why Work at Ratcliff
Ratcliff is an Equal Opportunity Employer, conveniently located in Emeryville, California, just across the Bay Bridge from San Francisco. We offer competitive compensation, retirement planning, profit sharing, and comprehensive medical benefits for employees and their eligible family members. We also provide paid time off, paid holidays, 16 Fridays off per year, and flexible hybrid work to ensure team members maintain a healthy work-life balance.
To maintain a safe and healthy work environment, Ratcliff requires all staff working in the office to be fully vaccinated and up to date on boosters for COVID-19. If you are hired, vaccination verification will be required to complete the hiring process.
To apply, please send your cover letter, resume, and sample portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls or drop-ins. All responses will be held in confidence.
For more information about our projects and firm, please visit our website.