Ratcliff’s Academic Practice is a regional leader in the planning and design of K-12, Higher Education and Civic projects throughout Northern California. We are seeking a Project Architect to join our team and contribute to positively transforming the built environment.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Plan, design, and organize internal work for academic- and civic-focused projects throughout all phases
- Coordinate with external consultants and regulatory agencies
- Write and edit architectural specifications
- Perform QA/QC and technical reviews
- Provide backup to the Project Manager for client communications
- Build knowledge and expertise of appropriate building codes and industry design standards
- Participate in continued learning opportunities and efforts to improve efficiency
Who We’re Looking For
- Minimum 7 years of professional experience in the technical production of architectural projects
- Interest or experience with academic or civic projects
- BArch required; MArch preferred
- Architectural licensure, LEED accreditation is considered a plus
- Must work well in a collaborative/integrated environment
- Strong presentation and graphic abilities using Revit, AutoCAD, SketchUp, Adobe Creative Cloud, Bluebeam, and Microsoft 365
Why Work at Ratcliff
Ratcliff is an Equal Opportunity Employer, conveniently located in Emeryville, California, just across the Bay Bridge from San Francisco. We offer competitive compensation, retirement planning, profit sharing, and comprehensive medical benefits for employees and their eligible family members. We also provide paid time off, paid holidays, 16 Fridays off per year, and a flexible hybrid work schedule to ensure team members maintain a healthy work-life balance.
To maintain a safe and healthy work environment, Ratcliff requires all staff working in the office to be fully vaccinated and up to date on boosters for COVID-19. If you are hired, vaccination verification will be required to complete the hiring process.
To apply, please send your cover letter, resume, and sample portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls or drop-ins. All responses will be held in confidence.
For more information about our projects and firm, please visit our website.