Website See Architecture
We believe in being bold, staying humble, and asking questions.
See Architecture is looking to grow its network of mid to high-level collaborators for ongoing project work of various types and scales.
Available positions are flexible to suit part-time contractors as well as sole proprietors who are interested in at-will or joint-venture opportunities within the following sectors:
- Single-Family Residential
- Commercial Projects
- Public Projects
If only one of these is your specialty, do not hesitate to apply. In-office, as well as remote work, is available at a range between 5 and 20 hours per week. Studio work is intended to suit the applicant’s schedule, availability, and interests.
- 7-10 years working in architecture.
- A bachelor’s degree or higher in architecture.
- Licensure in California desired.
- Technical knowledge and experience in coordinating with consultants and contractors.
- Alignment with See Architecture values.
- Independent, self-driven, as well as strong group work skills.
- Excellent communication skills with clients and internal team.
- Proficiency with Archicad desired
- Knowledge of Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, SketchUp, Autocad.
- Significant knowledge of zoning ordinances and the process by which design solutions are illustrated and explained to local jurisdictions.
- Expert knowledge of CBC and CRC.
- Experience in leading teams and managing projects independently.
- Working with See Architecture offers an opportunity to participate in a dynamic, alternative practice. While we respect the tradition of our craft, we also strive to question and explore what it means to practice architecture in service to ourselves and our community.
Located in Oakland at the Old Mother’s Cookies Factory, See Architecture is an emerging practice of four full-time staff and two part-time collaborators. Our projects range between residential ground-up, remodels, commercial tenant improvements, and civic work. We offer traditional architectural services complemented by a range of related design consulting services.
To find out more about us please visit see-architecture.com or reach out in person, via phone or email!
How to Apply / Contact
Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following:
Cover letter stating years of experience and why you are a good fit.
Resume which may include a complete list of project experience.
Work samples (PDF) including at least five recent projects and your role among those projects. (10mb max.)
Thank you for your interest, we look forward to hearing from you!